How long?

Options
Yesterday, I came to a realization. I carried my 4 year old son from the car to our apartment stairs. He weights about 45 lbs. I brought him to the stairs, and my back was killing me, and I was nearly out of breath. Then I thought, I have been carrying double that for sooooo long and now it's gone. How long was I going to let myself do that to me? Gives me more motivation to lose more, and never gain it back again. I don't want to carry that much ..any longer. Whew, so glad to have that off my back :tongue:

Replies

• AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Isn't it crazy? I carried my two year old for 1/2 mile the other day and I thought the same thing. She weighs 25 pounds and I've lost 27! I wondered how I ever carried the extra weight. Not that my loss compares with your's, but I totally get what you're saying!! GREAT job on you weightloss. Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I soooo know what u mean!! One day I was goofing off with Vinny and spinning him and carrying him and stuff and realized he weighs like 32 pounds(Ive lost 38 pounds) and I was like WOOOWIE buddy ur heavy, and then I was like HEY Ive lost the weight of him PLUS 6 more pounds!! U dont even realize how much uve lost til u really think about it.. Ur doing an AWESOME job hun.. Keep up the good work!!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You know I was thinking the same thing the other day, I would like to find something like a vest and put the 175 pounds back on it and see if I can even carry it anymore. I don't know how I did it for so long but I did. Now I am healthier and more motivated to stay this weight or maybe a little less but I am not gonna kill myslef to get there either. I workout 6 days a week as it is. I'm very happy with myself and I know I have added years to my life. You are doing a great job, keep up the great work!!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You know I was thinking the same thing the other day, I would like to find something like a vest and put the 175 pounds back on it and see if I can even carry it anymore. I don't know how I did it for so long but I did. Now I am healthier and more motivated to stay this weight or maybe a little less but I am not gonna kill myslef to get there either. I workout 6 days a week as it is. I'm very happy with myself and I know I have added years to my life. You are doing a great job, keep up the great work!!

WOW! What an AMAZING loss! And you look GREAT!! Try carrying a person around that weighs 175 lbs LOL. You should be very HAPPY with yourself. You've worked VERY hard, I'm sure!! :flowerforyou:
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options

That's fantastic! You are such an inspiration!!! You've essentially lost ME! ( I weigh 170 now) I started at 200 pounds, and my 3.5yo son weighs 30 pounds. I can't believe I have lost a weight equal to him, imagine losing a weight equal to another adult!!!