gained 3 stone (42lbs) in 6 months! Friends needed :)

Options
katcunock
katcunock Posts: 664 Member
Hi all!

So, I was a dedicated follower of this site for a while. Over two years, I lost 4.5 stone, about 65lbs. Yay!

But, last year, around April, I went through a really hard time. My best friend died, I was coping with a horrible situation at University, and I'd just moved away from home for the first time. Long story short, crippling panic attacks, no sleep, medicated to my eyeballs and a lot of weight gain.

Gradually, since about October, I've taken myself off the meds and been taking control back of my life. It sucks to have to do this weight loss thing all over again, especially as I know putting on the weight that fast is so unhealthy. I'd love some really dedicated friends to join me in this journey - I know this s**t, I know how to lose weight, and I'd love to have some people along for the ride :)

I try to exercise (cardio or strength) 5 times a week, and eat around 1800 cals a day. I'm getting married in Oct. 2015, and i'm not losing weight FOR that but looking good in a dress certainly doesn't hurt my motivation ;) I also have a family history of diabeties, so i'm trying to eat in a way that is mostly natural foods that won't spike my blood sugar in the way that processed and starchy carbs do.

I'm 23, from Oxford, live in Portsmouth. I have two cats. I have to eat my food symmetrically. I think that's everything relevant?!

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Edited to add: Don't bother adding me if you eat a ridiculously low amount though. I am here for HEALTH.

Kat xXx

Replies

• DebbieGo52
    DebbieGo52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat, it sounds like you may be a fellow Brit??? This weight loss business is tough and support is great. Are you living in the US?
    If I can help in anyway let me know...look forward to hearing from you.
  • katcunock
    Options
    Hi Kat, it sounds like you may be a fellow Brit??? This weight loss business is tough and support is great. Are you living in the US?
    If I can help in anyway let me know...look forward to hearing from you.

Hiya! I'm a Brit, born in Oxford, living in Portsmouth with my wonderfull fiancee. Glad to have you on board Debbie :)
  • kazwillimott
    kazwillimott Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat, if I can help you along the way please feel free to add me, good luck with your journey chick and well done for getting yourself back on track xx :smile:
  • katcunock
    Options
    Hi Kat, if I can help you along the way please feel free to add me, good luck with your journey chick and well done for getting yourself back on track xx :smile:

Thanks Kaz!! Add sent :)
  • katcunock
    Options
    bumpitty bump
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm only focusing on eating healthy and exercising and trying to make sure I log everything (not currently losing weight because I'm pregnant - but after April I'll be working on losing all the pregnancy I've gained PLUS the weight I gained before getting pregnant... plus the weight from being overweight before). I'd love to cheer you on in the meantime and then have the support when I start losing again, feel free to add me!
  • katcunock
    Options
    I'm only focusing on eating healthy and exercising and trying to make sure I log everything (not currently losing weight because I'm pregnant - but after April I'll be working on losing all the pregnancy I've gained PLUS the weight I gained before getting pregnant... plus the weight from being overweight before). I'd love to cheer you on in the meantime and then have the support when I start losing again, feel free to add me!

Thanks, add sent! |Congrats on the pregnancy and the healthy attitude :)
  • katcunock
    Options
    bump
  • coachredhead
    coachredhead Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am needing to lose 72 more pounds and yes I did the same as you. Lost 62 and put on that and ten more. Totally sucks. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Chrissybebo
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as your friend. I'm trying hard to lose 40-50 pounds and I am looking for new friends to help me along the way. I too have been on the weight lose yo-yo through out my years. I'm 50 and want to live the second half of my life healthy.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I've sent you a request. I lost 2 and a half stone last year so now I'm concentrating on being fit and healthy. I try to exercise 5 times a week and eat the good stuff, although I'm still polishing off the Christmas chocolates!
  • ksb0702
    ksb0702 Posts: 11
    Options
    I ahve about 30-50# to lose, too! Feel free to add me. My goal is also to exercise and eat for health. Don't mind my lower calories, I am really really short (4'11") and had gastric bypass.
  • Bettyrader
    Bettyrader Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also have experienced some ups and downs with weight and I have just decided to get serious and really work hard at. I am getting married in July and I won't lie that is a huge part of my motivation but I also really want to live a healthier life. I am also searching for friends to help me stay motivated so I sent you a request if you are interested in becoming friends.
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I put on 26 pounds in the last 10 months so I feel your pain. Would be happy to support you. My goal for 2014 is to be in the best shape/health of my life. I know I can do it ... I've done it before. But I had the support of a lot of wonderful people here on MFP!
    You can do this again, too!
  • katcunock
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Adds all sent out :)