What do you say when people comment about your food?

Options
124»

Replies

• luvdatbud
    Options
    I have never been able to order a salad in a restaurant without one of my friends calling me a *****.
  • luvdatbud
    Options
    I have never been able to order a salad in a restaurant without one of my friends calling me a *****.

Kitty cat!!! Lmafo!!
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me too much. All the women in my office talk about food constantly. I just ignore it. Even when they ask me if I don't like apples because they're healthy :D
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You could try saying something like "the secret is to just eat one or two NOT the whole pack"
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    People usually tell me how good my lunch looks, and then they go buy lunch like it's somehow impossible to spend thirty minutes picking out produce, dressing, nuts, and cheese. I pack a drawer in our work fridge and have a backup of low-sodium soups and some frozen veggie-based meals. Everything I can do to keep from joining other people and getting something super-fatty, I'll do it! And if I get other comments, I don't care. I LOVE food, and I love the food that I eat/make. And sometimes I eat a whole cinnamon roll. :D But then I like run six miles later in the day. Meh.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What about people who are continuously eating WAY less than they should? Sometimes it alarming and scary.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I only get, "But surely you can't eat THAT and still lose weight?"

I always answer the same. Sure, I can. As long as I eat fewer calories than I burn, I'm fine. I knew I was going to have this slice of pie/piece of cake/scoop of ice cream/slice of pizza and planned it into my day. If I hadn't known in advance, and I decided I wanted it anyway, I'd just lower my calories a little for the next day or so to compensate. No big deal.

Before, I'd get the look of disbelief and either silence, or lectures on fad diets.

Now that it's pretty d*** obvious that what I'm doing works, I get the look of disbelief followed by "how are you tracking calories? A web site? How hard is it? Takes you 5-10 minutes a day? I think I'd like to try it. What's the URL? Can you show me how to set it up?"

:laugh:

Fabulous attitude and great response.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I eat at my family's house every Friday and Sunday...our meals are typically heavy...I always work out and plan my food those days accordingly...no lie 15 minutes after being there and taking the time to count out my 13-15 corn chips I can eat with my salsa, my brother yells out " did someone open a window in here...because your diet flew right out" :angry: He is stick then...and I normally remain healthy...but having the rest of my baby weight to lose puts him in his glory. He is lucky I one-up him in every other area of life...so I let him make his comments.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Not In The Least !! As you said,it's not a diet and everything in moderation is perfectly fine !!!