Blood Type Diet?

Options
Just curious if anyone had any experience with it?
I'm type O.
Just seems a little horoscope-y to me. It was predicting my personality and such just off of blood type? Idk. Just skeptical I guess, but have been told it worked great for someone.

So, your thoughts....give them to me. :)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow that's a new one...

not even sure what it entails but I suspect it is restrictive such as on type ab can have lobster and only type a can have chicken and dark greens etc.

Any "diet" will work because they put you all in a calorie deficet.

Best advice get a kitchen scale, weigh and log your food(doesn't matter what you eat), stay at a reasonable deficet and add in some exercise if you want you will get the same results.
  • rlzwakenberg
    rlzwakenberg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    wow that's a new one...

not even sure what it entails but I suspect it is restrictive such as on type ab can have lobster and only type a can have chicken and dark greens etc.

Best advice get a kitchen scale, weigh and log your food(doesn't matter what you eat), stay at a reasonable deficet and add in some exercise if you want you will get the same results.

Yeah, I mean I agree.
    The only differences are, like, it basically says that because I'm type O, I'm sensitive to things like gluten and dairy. It lines out which foods you shouldn't eat and which you should. It's not like a diet plan, per se.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    A load of nonsense. Waste of time. Ignore it.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Don't put too much thought into it, however scientifically speaking certain blood types have certain requirements. I am type O as well and was a vegetarian for 4 years. I ended up losing a little, gaining a ton back once I stopped and having a very bloated mid section. Turns out that type O people have to have protein, a lot of it. I don't know how much thought or value I really put on this however since starting a diet full of lean protein and tons of it I have been in a better mood and my hard to lose areas are losing so my tummy is matching the rest of my body now
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    and I am sensitive to gluten so I use like corn tortillas and stuff now but dairy has never been an issue for me since having kids, it was before tho
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    Options
    It's total quackery for now. While it's an interesting idea that one's individual nutritional needs could have something to do with their blood type, there have been no scientific studies done to investigate that idea.
  • girlsjustwanna13
    girlsjustwanna13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have read the book by Dr. Peter J D'Adamo and I picked out the bits that suited me and fit in with my diet and day. Like drink the teas best for your type instead of worst for your type.

The bloodgroup diet is more about preventing disease and keeping everything flowing smoothly.

It's about different types having different levels of stomach acid so wheat can be acidic to one type but alkaline to another, etc.

It improves wellbeing, but weightloss is a positive side effect of it. It's not mumbo jumbo but it's not gospel either. Just pick out foods that you like on your "good" list and incorporate those more. No need to cut anything out unless it makes yous unwell anyway!!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    wow that's a new one...

Quoting the correct answer.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It's completely nonsense.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I concur with it being nonsense, and likening it to a horoscope seems really close to accurate to me.