started cheating

Options
I am losing my motivation, and I cheat here an there, and befor I know it I go 200 to 400 cals over my limet. I've been doing so GOOD for the last 2 weeks and since monday I havent been as comited as befor:sad: There has been a lot of stress, my baby is teething and up all hours of the night (shes 9 months) I dont want to make excuses for myself :sad: Somtimes my mind starts playing tricks on me, Its costintly say "whats the point" But then theres " I want to lose this weight befor christmas"
We plan on going to Mexico for christmas, and I would love to lose at lest 50 lbs of the weight I want to lose. Is that even posible???

I just needed to let that out:grumble: tell someone

Sorry if I've bord with my sappy story:cry:

Mary:sad:

Replies

• Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I am losing my motivation, and I cheat here an there, and befor I know it I go 200 to 400 cals over my limet. I've been doing so GOOD for the last 2 weeks and since monday I havent been as comited as befor:sad: There has been a lot of stress, my baby is teething and up all hours of the night (shes 9 months) I dont want to make excuses for myself :sad: Somtimes my mind starts playing tricks on me, Its costintly say "whats the point" But then theres " I want to lose this weight befor christmas"
    We plan on going to Mexico for christmas, and I would love to lose at lest 50 lbs of the weight I want to lose. Is that even posible???

I just needed to let that out:grumble: tell someone

Sorry if I've bord with my sappy story:cry:

Mary:sad:
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through. I've got 15 month old twins and today they had me so stressed that I went way over my calories and ate a lot of things that I shouldn't have. I've been having trouble going more than 4 or 5 days at the most without "cheating". But I keep telling myself that tomorrow is another day and another chance to do better. The stress with the teething will get better. Look at it this way, you could have two teethers at once like I do. :laugh: It will get better. Just do the best you can. Try to breathe when the stress starts to build up. Take it one day at a time and you'll be just fine. Maybe just try each day to do a little better than the day before. Do you give the baby anything to help soothe the teething or help with sleeping through the night? Most of the time, Orajel nightime does the trick for my little ones. But if they're having an especially rough night, I give them 3 teething tablets. They usually start settling down within 10 minutes and they seem to help them get to sleep and stay asleep.
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    If your limit is 500 calories below maintenance then you will still lose weight! Don't give up. It's worth it in the end.:smile:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    oh mary i so can relate to what you are saying i was getting down after xmas all my weigh ins at the gym were bad and for 3 mths i sucked then i found here and had a kick start (so still motivated here at least lol) but when i kept feeling down i just tried on some clothes that i have mom gave me, now she is smaller, and see how close i am and that gave me a bit of a boost of yea maybe this is worth it and i just have on a top i have never fitted into i got it for hubby from an opshop but he never wore it so now i am and lets say i never thought id get to this point i cfould wear the top its cool now for some of the others i just have to get my tummy abit tighter then the short bloomin tops they have around now will look better on me lol some fit find around me just not length but i am determand to get there especialy since i have a big trip to australia in september to get ready for so need to loose heaps

I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT YES YOU CAN
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ITS OK TO CHEAT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I THINK IS GOOD IT LETS YOU GET YOUR CRAVING OVER WITH BUT ONLY DO FOR ONE DAY LIKE ONE DAY OUT OF EVERY 1 TO 2 WEEKS AND I THINK YOU WILL BE OK. DONT GIVE UP :smokin:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you but it helps me, 2lb a week is 104lb in a yr, and 52lb in 6 mo. It helps me look at the mountain in a different light. One day at a time :flowerforyou: You CAN do it!!!!!
  • Mary24
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you but it helps me, 2lb a week is 104lb in a yr, and 52lb in 6 mo. It helps me look at the mountain in a different light. One day at a time :flowerforyou: You CAN do it!!!!!

Thanks so much for puting it like that, I'm going to print it in big letters and stick that on my fridg.

Mary:smile:
  • Mary24
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through. I've got 15 month old twins and today they had me so stressed that I went way over my calories and ate a lot of things that I shouldn't have. I've been having trouble going more than 4 or 5 days at the most without "cheating". But I keep telling myself that tomorrow is another day and another chance to do better. The stress with the teething will get better. Look at it this way, you could have two teethers at once like I do. :laugh: It will get better. Just do the best you can. Try to breathe when the stress starts to build up. Take it one day at a time and you'll be just fine. Maybe just try each day to do a little better than the day before. Do you give the baby anything to help soothe the teething or help with sleeping through the night? Most of the time, Orajel nightime does the trick for my little ones. But if they're having an especially rough night, I give them 3 teething tablets. They usually start settling down within 10 minutes and they seem to help them get to sleep and stay asleep.
    [

Wow 2 babys at one time that would be twise as hard:drinker:
    I use Anbesol on my babys teeth, but it only last a little wile.

Thanks for takeing the time to reply to my post:flowerforyou:

Thank you everyone:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Mary:smile:
  • dluvscoke
    Options
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. Emotional eating is a problem for many of us! Remember EACH MINUTE IS A CHANCE TO START OVER:)
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    A few practical suggestions:

1. Try to keep as few of the big temptations OUT OF THE HOUSE as you can, and make an actual
    written list of the acceptabe snacks you will allow yourself to snack on.

2. (My faves: Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt, a tangerine, a small banana, with or without a little
    peanut butter...depending on how I am feeling....a Kraft Snackables cheese Twist stick with
    a few Triscuits...or your favorite cracker, a bottle of Mike's Light Hard Lemonade :drinker:
    etc.)

3. Sometimes a little bitty snack, with a big glass of ice water, or a bottle of Propel (I ADORE the
    stuff) will be enough to get you through with less damage done.

4. Be sure to log all of your foods....I will measure the peanut butter and try to limit it to 1 Tbsp.
    Knowing I will be accurately logging it helps me control my potential binging.

5. Eat your food OUT of the kitchen to eat and don't go back in there until you absolutely have to!

OK>>>.just a few random ideas! Hang in there....it will pay off in the long run. Someone once told me "Being thin and healthy feels better than ANYTHING tastes!" good motto!