Bento boxes!

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OMG BENTO POSTS!!!!! I was so disappointed when I saw the bento group die. I'm going to upload the pics as soon as I can.

Fun things to add to bentos:
    Pre-cooked shrimp (pure protein)
    baby carrots
    steamed asparagus
    fat free meringue cookies
    nuts/fruit
    apple slices soaked in lemon water
    melon slices

Recipes:
    ~Chicken Soboro (Good for topping rice!!)
    1.5oz serving
    107 cals
    3.5g fat
    6g carbs
    11.5g protein

~Egg Soboro
    1.5oz serving
    90cals
    5g fat
    4g carbs
    6g protein

~Meatball Nirvana (3 cheese, from allrecipes.com)
    1 meatball (I usually put 2-4 in a box)
    54 cals
    2.6g fat
    1.7g carbs
    5.5g protein

2 egg tomagoyaki
    1 serving
    179 cals
    9.6g carbs
    12.1g protein
  • LadyMustard
    Options
    Note: HA!! Thank you imgur!! Successful Pics! =D

Z4AbmQsl.jpg
    Used a peeled mandarin orange with a celery slice for the stem to make a pumpkin. Cut out the hearts from imitation crab.

ypqctR9l.jpg
    Usually don't add this much detail but its one of my best looking ones. The things with the seaweed is marinated seaweed chicken.
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love this website-- it has hundreds of pics of bento style lunches. I used this site when planning meals to send for my kids' lunches... but they can easily be for us grown ups, too! These were just some of my favorite pictures. Check out their website!!

2qbuq37.jpg
    what was the website? It's not showing up for me
  • LadyMustard
    Options
    More Bentos:

wYZNDyRl.jpg?1
    Soboro Bento (Using Egg and Chicken)

c3ZSZcWl.jpg
    Bento with little cheese cutouts.
  • jkepler77
    jkepler77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    More Bentos:

wYZNDyRl.jpg?1
    Soboro Bento (Using Egg and Chicken)

c3ZSZcWl.jpg
    Bento with little cheese cutouts.

Wow!!! I am in awe! Those look beautiful!
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Hello Carnivorous, I am new here. Your bento box items look wonderful. Are those recipes that you prepare yourself? Ty

Yes, I sadly cannot eat a more rice-laden bento due to some metabolic issues so I have to get nutritionally creative. I'm still very much a beginner at bentos though!
  • LadyMustard
    Options

Wow!!! I am in awe! Those look beautiful!

Thanks so much!! ^o^
  • LadyMustard
    Options
    I get a lot of my ideas from here: http://justbento.com/
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow...bump!
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

Me too! Love that site.
  • LadyMustard
    Options
    Hello Carnivorous, I am new here. Your bento box items look wonderful. Are those recipes that you prepare yourself? Ty

Yes, I sadly cannot eat a more rice-laden bento due to some metabolic issues so I have to get nutritionally creative. I'm still very much a beginner at bentos though!

The site that I listed (justbento.com) has a lot of vegan, low carb and vegetarian bento recipes.

I got the recipe for seaweed chicken from www.bentomonsters.com under the recipe tab.

Both sites come with lots of photos and tutorials and stuff.

On another note...
    You have no idea how impossibly happy I am to have someone to talk to about Bentos! ^o^ Its been a hobby of mine for over a year now and its kind of surprising how low the popularity for them is. TnT
  • LadyMustard
    Options

Me too! Love that site.

Sorry, made the above post before I saw your reply ^-^;
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Note: HA!! Thank you imgur!! Successful Pics! =D

Z4AbmQsl.jpg
    Used a peeled mandarin orange with a celery slice for the stem to make a pumpkin. Cut out the hearts from imitation crab.

ypqctR9l.jpg
    Usually don't add this much detail but its one of my best looking ones. The things with the seaweed is marinated seaweed chicken.

These are so cute! I really want to try these, but I dunno if I'm that creative. :laugh:
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

The site that I listed (justbento.com) has a lot of vegan, low carb and vegetarian bento recipes.

I got the recipe for seaweed chicken from www.bentomonsters.com under the recipe tab.

Both sites come with lots of photos and tutorials and stuff.

On another note...
    You have no idea how impossibly happy I am to have someone to talk to about Bentos! ^o^ Its been a hobby of mine for over a year now and its kind of surprising how low the popularity for them is. TnT

I'll have to check out Bentomonsters. Always looking for a new source of inspiration! And I'm also glad to be talking to someone about it, most of my friends and co-workers think it's neat but pointless, LOL!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Props on the bentos! They look great x3!

I own thirteen bento boxes myself, although I never thought to take pictures of my lunch, hehe x3~
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

I own thirteen bento boxes myself, although I never thought to take pictures of my lunch, hehe x3~

Taking pictures of you food is fun! Facebook taught us that! :)

Also, you have thirteen? Nice! Post pics of them! :D
  • LadyMustard
    Options

I can imagine it doesn't take long to start getting a lot of them. We're up to six bento after about a year.

Definitely take pictures and post them sometime!! It's always great seeing all the cool ideas that everyone has. ^o^