Depression - New Positive Thread

Options
Hi! If you would like to continue the argument that began with a very reasonable request for help in losing weight on anti-depressants, I'd like to keep it going here. If you don't believe in anti-depressants or real mental health illness, please don't post here. This is not for you.

If you have been diagnosed with a disease, such as bi-polar disorder or clinical depression, I'd love to learn and discuss more in an intelligent, rational manner. I am not a doctor or mental health worker, and unless you are, I would welcome a non-professional, even-keeled, open-minded discussion of what works for you or what you are experiencing, working on your physical and mental health.

One reason I am interested in this, is that I have studied "Yoga for Depression" and I have found it helpful. I am a certified yoga instructor, so I can sort of talk knowledgeably about this. I'd love to share some of what I have learned with others on this journey.

To everyone, I wish you the confidence to understand there are many paths, and no one else's is right or wrong. Focus on your own. IT will lead you to exactly where you need to be.