24 year old in UK hoping to find some like minded people :)

Hello my name is Jon.

I am 24 and currently studying Computer Science (Final Year) at Aberystwyth University (Wales, UK). My degree/job don't exactly lend themselves to being active so I thought I would try this out :)

I am new to this and looking to loose weight and would like to become fit enough to run 5k regularly and comfortably. This is a really big challenge for me so it would be great to meet some like minded people to help stay motivated!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free, would be good to get to know people.

Jon F

Replies

• ktd_01
    ktd_01 Posts: 6 Member
    Hiya Jon, I'm Kate from Ireland. I'm new here, well a week or so, but feel free to add me if ya want :) Might be handy being in the same time zone anyway. Best of luck
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Hey Jon.

London resident here.

Have a search for couch to 5k (nicknamed C25K) programs. lots of info on it for running newbies.
  • London here to and new to it
  • nacbrie
    nacbrie Posts: 3 Member
    Hello Jon (hope you are not flooded!) ! I'm also new to the forum and I'm making my first proper attempt at losing weight with MFP. I've started a C25K program and am working myself up to head out into the rain to do my third run! I'd like to add you - seems like we are pretty much at the same place! :-)
  • niamhy123
    niamhy123 Posts: 1
    Hi Jon,
    I live in Aber (relatively new - don't know anyone bar my housemate :)). How is your mission for a 5km going?