Losing weight and getting a six pack without a gym

Options
Hi there,

I've just started on here today and am currently a 170lb, 6'1 tall, 21 year old guy with 20% body fat. I would like to lose a bit of fat for health benefits but really I would like to look more muscular and toned and ideally have a six pack. I was wondering what level of body fat you have to get down to for these to be visible and whether a low enough body fat is the only that is required or whether abdominal exercise is required. I do planks but don't like sit ups or crunches as I have a bad back.
I am hoping to do this without any gym membership or too much outdoor cardio work whilst the weather is terrible (besides dog walking) and don't really want to have to buy any equipment besides the dumbbells I already own.
So if anyone can recommend the best exercises that can be performed in the home without special equipment (for someone with a bad back) for losing weight and gaining muscle I would be very appreciative.

Cheers,

David

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen....

If you want to build muscle you need to eat at a surplus and lift heavy.

But you can't lose fat (eat at a deficet) and gain muscle at the same time.

As for an at home dumbell workout...I will let someone else comment on that...I have no idea as I have barbell and free weights at home.