C25K: I'm repeating Week 5 for the THIRD time!

Montrose11
Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,

I've been pretty diligent about C25K training. I repeated Week 5 the first time because I was on vacation and couldn't get my training in. So, on Week 5 Part II last week, I did fine until the last day: 5 min walk, 11 min jog, 5 min walk. I really struggled with the 11 min jog. I ended up 5 mins walking, jogging 9+ mins and then walking the rest until the 21 mins were up. I think it may be that I tried to run too fast. I started at 4.0 MPH and every two minutes upped it 0.2 MPH until I was jogging 5 MPH.

Is this normal? I guess I should just slow down a bit until my body acclimates itself. This week: Week 5 Part III. Yay.

Montrose

Replies

• bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Don'r sweat it. I literally have been doing week 7 for a month. I just can't seem to get through it. I am determined to get it done and I don't care how many weeks it takes. Well I guess I better get it done soon though I want to run my first 5K this fall.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I got stuck somewhere around the same week. It was HARD. I got off track and discontinued my training and need to start all over. Repeat the week as many times as you need. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :smile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i repeated week four for four weeks and week six for two weeks. just keep at it and you will move up!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    where can i purchase c25k? thanks
  • vineas
    vineas Posts: 84
    It could be your speed causing the problem as well - I know at first I was going too slow and was having problems finishing, but I sped up just a bit and it got easier (some kind of sweet spot perhaps). I ended up repeating week 6 when I was figuring this out, but then it was better. This spot for me was right about 5 MPH - the same speed that I now go to for recovery when I'm running faster.

Try going right to 5 MPH immediately instead of starting slower and going up slowly, see if that helps.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Personally, if I had known my body's reaction to C25K a little better, I would have done each week for 2 weeks at a time right from the very beginning. I am starting back to the C25k training today. I will probably find that I can run longer than I could at week 1. However, I will keep on. Just so you know, when we run that 5K in October, we will all be running as a team. You walk, I walk. You run, I run! We will be fine! The Crowley girls will get across that finish line together!! (With a little help from some Crowley women up above!!)

Love you, and keep up the good work! :heart:
This discussion has been closed.