i love red wine and dont wanna give it up :(

Options

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I still drink red wine and lose weight - just not usually 4-5 glasses at a time. You can still enjoy things you like, just fit them into your goals. You may not be able to fit 4-5 glasses in, but you could probably get one or two on the weekends, I would think.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So i just started my weight loss journey and want to know is there a way i can still have wine? i really only want to have it on Saturday and Sundays ( that's the only time i drink alcohol) i know this is horrible, i like to have 4-5 glasses:embarassed: . i don't really snack when im drinking ( thank god)

Wine party at your house this weekend! Woooot! :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give it up. In fact many "formal" diets include wine.

I drank wine when I wanted when I was losing weight.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As a red wine lover myself, I would say to just cut back on the amount you drink. One or two glasses of wine is not going to derail your diet. Four or five might though. Also, since wine is pretty heavy in calories, make sure that you properly measure what you drink and add it in your MFP.
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    I still drink red wine and lose weight - just not usually 4-5 glasses at a time. You can still enjoy things you like, just fit them into your goals. You may not be able to fit 4-5 glasses in, but you could probably get one or two on the weekends, I would think.

Im still living like i turned 21 just with wine and not liquor . i know 4-5 glasses is horrible :frown:
  • quackers82
    quackers82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back (but i only have MFP set to 0.5lb loss a week) i use those unused exercise calories for my weekend social life. On average a whole bottle of red wine has about 700 calories, so just do 1 x 30 min walk everyday and thats around 700 calories a week, thats your wine funded!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    i believe the only thing good about when i do have my wine, i tend to eat cucumbers with chili pepper sprinkled on :laugh:

Haha - I also LOVE wine. And in my attempts to avoid bad snacking while drinking it I started eating cucumbers with hot sauce on them. Now I eat that all the time....and I still drink wine all the time
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options

Im still living like i turned 21 just with wine and not liquor . i know 4-5 glasses is horrible :frown:

Hey don't worry about it.. I don't encourage this, but every weekend I am good for 10 oz of whiskey.. I am good the rest of the week and try to get some exercise that day and I am still losing.. I refuse to give up my booze..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are many thin people out there drinking red wine.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options

Hey don't worry about it.. I don't encourage this, but every weekend I am good for 10 oz of whiskey.. I am good the rest of the week and try to get some exercise that day and I am still losing.. I refuse to give up my booze..

Ditto to this - I make sure to leave some calories free for bourbon over the weekends. As long as you factor it in, enjoy yourself! ;)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    maybe have a little less, but drinking two nights a week isn't bad at all!!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    one thing i wont give up. i have a glass every few days with dinner. always red though never white
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said, still drink it in moderation, make it fit your plan which means measure the amount you are drinking. '1-2 glasses' is not a real measurement - don't guestimate. Even when I am at a bar/restaurant, I ask the wait staff/bartender how many ounces are in a glass (usually about 5-6 per glass)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    ^ -- Ditto
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up, but make sure to up your water intake. I try to drink at least a glass or water for every glass of wine. Always helps the next day!

:drinker:
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot more than you! I binge drink (4+ drinks each time) 2-4x per week. Vodka Press is my drink of choice, and sometimes wine.

The biggest problem with alcohol is that your body basically shuts down your metabolism to try to filter the alcohol out, because your body views it as a poison. This stops the fat burning process! Try to eat something light and healthy before you start drinking (because it will more than likely be stored as fat) and make sure to have some water between each glass.

Good luck!
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    drink it, i have wine everyday and extra at the weekends just keep it within your calorie goal :):)
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    Bump
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Bump

you're two pages in, what else do you need to know? or are you looking for something specific?
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Then don't give it up! :drinker:

You can still fit it into your daily calorie allowance. I always save room for wine or spirits in my day. I told myself a long time ago that I never wanted to give up the things I love. Moderation is hard, but can be managed.