Finally found a "TRUE" low calorie treat

I have looked and looked for that special sweet treat that will not blow my daily calorie goals out of the water. Went to Whole Foods today and found Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts.....YAY!......1/2 cup has only 37 calories, 0 fat, 6g carbohydrates, 3.4 g protein and 5g sugar.......Yummy Good.........I am pretty new to MFP so feel free to add me to your friends :)

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I wish we had a Whole Foods close to me. :frown:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Glad you like it. It tasted like cardboard lies to me. I'll stick to my Ben & Jerry's ♥
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I'd rather eat two spoonfuls of real ice cream than half a tub of a frozen water+Splenda concoction.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Tried it, and YUCK! I prefer Skinny Cow ice cream treats. It's well worth the extra calories!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Just so that you're aware, there have been some pending lawsuits against this brand. The nutrition labels are allegedly far different than what's actually in the product.

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/2477-second-arctic-zero-class-action-lawsuit-filed-over-calorie-count/
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    My daily "treat" is the Dole Dark Chocolate Strawberry Dippers....way better than ice cream. 60 cals/6 carbs/4g fat. Totally fits into my day!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Whats the over/ under on how many people think they must tell OP they eat ice cream every night?
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Talenti's Sorbetto is a great low-calorie treat. The Gelato can be pretty good at a higher caloric content.

I love Roman Raspberry (120 calories per one-half cup) and Lisbon Lemon (110 calories). But, I love to eat the Roman Raspberry along with the Double Dark Chocolate Gelato for an extra treat. About half of a serving of each the sorbetto and gelato is less than 200 calories.

https://talentigelato.com/our-products/

But, I don't have it too often, because my usual treat is beer. :drinker:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Talenti's Sorbetto is a great low-calorie treat. The Gelato can be pretty good at a higher caloric content.

I love Roman Raspberry (120 calories per one-half cup) and Lisbon Lemon (110 calories). But, I love to eat the Roman Raspberry along with the Double Dark Chocolate Gelato for an extra treat. About half of a serving of each the sorbetto and gelato is less than 200 calories.

https://talentigelato.com/our-products/

But, I don't have it too often, because my usual treat is beer. :drinker:

that gelatio is REALLY good...but you're right beer is better
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Good for you! Finding a special treat that won't send your numbers into a tizzy is always a great feeling.

Another treat to look for is the "Skinny Cow" line of snacks. If we ever get back out of the deep freeze, I am looking forward to one of their ice cream treats as a reward for maintaining my sanity. It's too easy for me to go snack-crazy while I'm fending off the stir-crazy. :-)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    I'd rather have something that tastes good for a treat and just have less of it if necessary.

OK, who am I kidding. I'd rather eat whatever I want of the treat I want and eat less of the lean meat and veggies. But, I'll be good and do the above instead. :sad:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    I rather just make banana ice cream with chocolate and raspberries
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    Whats the over/ under on how many people think they must tell OP they eat ice cream every night?

Well, it's a valid point.

I do respect the desire to find versions of things that are lower in calories and still palatable (to a given individual, of course ... I've never tried these Arctic Zero things, but apparently not everyone would categorize them as a "treat"). It's something I do all the time because I enjoy eating obscene amounts of food, and you get to eat more when you cut corners on calories. But if the company isn't even allowed to call it ice cream because that's how far it is from actually being ice cream ... I'm going to pass. Honestly, y'all should read the containers of most of the stuff on the ice cream aisle. You'll notice a ton of stuff that says "frozen dessert" or "frozen dairy dessert" in small letters.

If 37 calories is all I had room for, I'd probably just eat a handful of grapes and call it a day.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    i have tried it and i might as well have been eating ice.

i would also rather have a little bit of something that tastes good.

i understand where you are coming from OP. I was locked in this mentality not to long ago. I had many successes that were always followed by failures. working real indugences into my defecit plan has been working better so far.

good luck. sorry to rain on your parade. i hope it is very tasty for you!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member

lets make it an even 100
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Just so that you're aware, there have been some pending lawsuits against this brand. The nutrition labels are allegedly far different than what's actually in the product.

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/2477-second-arctic-zero-class-action-lawsuit-filed-over-calorie-count/

interesting, thanks for the link!
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    does it say the portion sizes on packaging in cups in the US?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Glad you like it. It tasted like cardboard lies to me. I'll stick to my Ben & Jerry's ♥

BULLY!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    I'm an ice cream FANATIC, and I tried Arctic Zero... sadly I didn't like it :( But I'm glad someone does!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Just have a popsicle or something. That artic zero not only tastes like wet sweetened cardboard but there may be some shady labeling practices going down as well. Bad news all around.