New Resolve

Options
I've been a MFP member for more than a year now, coming up on two years actually. I have stalled out and slowed my progress for various reasons, life, apathy, extreme stress, etc. I've been able to maintain my losses, but I haven't made any real progress in way too long.

But I have new resolve and I am ready to finish reaching my goals.

I just moved to LA from the San Francisco area, and I could not have gotten any luckier in where I landed. Right behind the house I rented is a paved, lighted walking/cycling path that goes in both directions for miles. I'm working evenings and so I have every morning and day to accomplish my exercise. I have an amazing supportive hubby who cooks healthy delicious food for me. I have no obstacles in my way.

I'm so excited to see my goals right on the horizon, I can't wait to get there!!!

HERE I GO!!!!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear good news and such a positive attitude, Lucky!!! Here's to your new resolve :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's been a rough year for me, in a lot of ways, but I feel like it is definitely time for a new beginning.

Walked those dogs this morning and did 1.3 miles = 150 cals :) Not a bad start huh?
  • hammycat86
    Options
    Love the dog picture! I have a pointer/dalmatian mix. Something about the look a dalmatian can give. Being the mix mine is, he can be super high energy and destructive if he doesn't get his exercise. I got lazy for a while and we went to the dog park more often than walked. Great for the dog, bad for lazy me! So we've rediscovered evening walks and limit the dog park to 2-3 times a week. Its been easier than I thought once I just got out there and started walking. I'm happy, my dog is happy and I love seeing the calories go away when I log my exercise!

Good luck with your weight loss and I hope we can motivate each other!
    Kay
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck Lucky! GLad you are back and ready to do it. The great news is that you have maintained your weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's been a rough year for me, in a lot of ways, but I feel like it is definitely time for a new beginning.

Walked those dogs this morning and did 1.3 miles = 150 cals :) Not a bad start huh?

I did 30 minutes on a stationary bike and burned 155 calories. Gotta start back somewhere!!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!