I am trying something new

Options
I am for the first time EVER trying to lose weight the right way. I have been struggling with an eating disorder the last 16 years (Bulimia) and have always lost or maintained my weight by slowly killing myself (per doctor). I have always been a BIG girl and always took the easy way out of everything and my eating disorder is just one example. I have 50 pounds to lose and I am so excited to do this the hard way! I really would love to make some friends and have a support network :)

Replies

• bayouradio
    Options
    Congratulations! Losing it healthily is the only way to go and I think you'll find it's not as much "the hard way" as it looks. Once you feel the differences in your body and enjoy your system working well, you'll enjoy it more and more. Good luck with your efforts. They will pay off.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! This site is full of all the support and friends you will need to say goodbye to those 50 lbs forever! You can do it girlie!
  • Brooke200
    Options
    WoW..good for you! I am trying to loose weight for my wedding next year. I have 87 lbs to loose and this is my first week. So far I have lost 6lbs. I am trying the sugar busters diet.
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    Good on you, I am a newbie here too :) I think this website is such a great idea, everyone seems really supportive. I have been 'big' all my life, sometimes much bigger than others! I am hoping to lose about 100lbs. this is my first day.