Massively Long Fashion & Style Poll for Ladies

Options
seltzermint555
seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
1.What clothing brands do you love to wear? Why?
2.What clothing brands do you hate? Why?
3.What’s your go-to outfit? (A tee shirt and jeans? A dress and heels? A sweater and slacks?)
4.What styles do you love to wear? (Think in terms of garments: styles of blouse, sweater, skirt, dress, pant, shoe, etc.)
5.What styles do you wish you could wear?
6.What styles do you think look horrendous on you? In what ways do they fight your figure?
7.What are your favorite colors?
8.What are your favorite patterns? (If any.)
9.What are your favorite fabrics?
10.Are you a skirt girl, pants girl, or both?
11.Do you wear dresses? If so, what style?
12.What styles of shoes you like? Do you own shoes in those styles?
13.Can you wear heels? Do you enjoy wearing heels?
14.What accessories do you wear most often? (Scarves, belts, watches, hosiery, etc.)
15.Which pieces of jewelry do you wear most often? (Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, etc.)
16.What motivates you to shop? Do you enjoy shopping?
17.Is there an era of fashion that you absolutely adore?

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

- Whatever fits and looks good. I am only picky about brands with handbags.

- None really.

3.What’s your go-to outfit? (A tee shirt and jeans? A dress and heels? A sweater and slacks?)

- Jeans, casual flats, cotton top, jewelry

4.What styles do you love to wear? (Think in terms of garments: styles of blouse, sweater, skirt, dress, pant, shoe, etc.)

- Modern fit for pants, v neck sweaters and blouses (not too low cut though), and for dresses, usually something that covers my shoulders.

- I wish I could wear big high heels without getting stabby with pain after a few minutes.

6.What styles do you think look horrendous on you? In what ways do they fight your figure?

- Loud prints and those tops that have a belt just below the bustline look terrible on me. The former makes me look silly and childish and the latter makes my boobs look 10x bigger and my belly look pregnant

- Black, red, royal blue

- None. I prefer solids

- Good quality cotton and denim.

- Mostly pants, but I do like skirts from time to time.

- Rarely. I prefer skirts with a separate top. Most of the dresses I own are wrap style.

- Comfortable but good quality casual and dress flats. I have a bazillion.

- Not really, and not really. I do love that they make me look taller and leaner though.

14.What accessories do you wear most often? (Scarves, belts, watches, hosiery, etc.)

- Earrings, watch, rings.

15.Which pieces of jewelry do you wear most often? (Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, etc.)

- Earrings.

- I like to change things up a bit and get new things periodically. I love to shop.

- I love Liz Taylor's look from the 1950's and 1960's. She was amazing!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Only because there's still 30 minutes in the work day....

I honestly don't have one!

Anything with the brand plastered in front of it. (Hollister, Abercrombie, etc.) I think it's the tackiest *kitten* ever.

Of course depending on the season, but I typically opt for a casual dress, tights, and flat shoes.

Pencil skirts, fitted/wiggle dresses, cigarette pants, 3/4 length blouses and shirts, ballerina flats, or universal black pumps.

Skinny jeans with pumps. Still too hip-y to pull that off.

Any style of really baggy top (or empire waistline) that hides my waistline, it ends up looking like I'm actually wearing a bag, and weight like 40 pounds more. I have an hourglass figure, so I avoid all clothes that *don't* accentuate my waistline.

Pink, red, black, cream, navy blue.

Polka dots and florals :)

Cotton, and lace. I love lace :)

Skirt girl, through and through.

Yes, many! I like the cut of dresses from the 1950's and 60's, either a fit-and-flare approach, or a tighter figure-hugging sheath dress (a la Joan Holloway from Mad Men).

Riding boots, ballerina flats, fun high heel pumps, and yes.

Yes, and yes!

Pearls, scarves and rings mostly. I usually forget to accessorize beyond that.

Pearl earrings and necklaces.

When something's on sale... I do enjoy shopping, when I have the money to and I can find things and a mega-discount.

If you haven't gathered by now, I love fashion all through the 1940's through the 1960's. <3
  • seltzermint555
    Options

<> I don't really care much about brands. It's more the individual garment. I wind up buying lots of Merona, Style & Co, Lauren, etc. But that's generally because of budget, convenience, and their availability of my current sizes (16, XL, 1X). I have some clothes from Loft and J. Jill I really love, too, and happened upon some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans I've sought out because I love the cut...but much of my wardrobe is secondhand so I don't always have a huge selection of brands.

<> I am not crazy about Lane Bryant clothing. Even when I was larger and didn't have as much choice, I found their stuff was poor quality for the price and often cut wrong for my body type. For example, a 14/16 top might be swimming on me and then I'd need a 26/28 in a cardigan at the same time. I will try almost any brand but usually steer clear of stuff that I feel is way too young (Aeropostale) or old (Christopher & Banks) for me. There are exceptions, of course.

<> a 3/4 sleeve top, bright jeans, ankle boots and maybe a coordinating scarf. That's my uniform as of late.

<> I like a mix of dressy/casual and lots of jackets, leggings, dresses and boots. I tend to be fairly trendy for my age and location (37 & living in a medium sized Missouri city).

<> I'm a believer that anyone CAN wear anything they want to. I wish I felt more confident in certain things, but I have come a long way from the past. Just in the past couple of months I've become more confident about "skinny jeans" especially with boots, and last summer I learned to look past the tattoo & scar on my leg and embrace knee length skirts and shorts.

<> Anything with a belt tends to highlight my belly fat in a horrible way, and I am too much of an hourglass figure to belt dresses up higher. I'm tallish at 5'8" too. It just does not work on me at all.

<> black/white, olive, deep blues like cobalt & navy, red, orange, mint & teal

<> I love stripes and funky patterns like birds and splashy shapes (smaller to medium prints). I always feel clownish in dots, but if they're more like ovals or a vintage "atomic" shape then it's all right.

<> cotton, ponte...whatever feels nice and is easy to care for!

<> definitely both

<> I wear dresses. Usually I prefer dresses with some sort of sleeve (short, 3/4, or long) so I don't have to layer. When I was much larger I always layered but now I would prefer not to when possible. I will wear most styles of dresses, anything from just above the knee to ankle length.

<> I love comfortable yet cute shoes. To me that's boots, ankle boots, feminine loafers, ballet flats, etc. I also like Toms and Keen hiking sandals, and of course running shoes for exercise purposes. I own all of those types of footwear.

<> I do not feel comfortable walking in heels. I "can" wear them but as a general rule I don't own/wear any shoe that I can't walk in at brisk pace for an hour (straight). The only "heels" in my closet are a pair of ankle boots so I guess no, I am not a heels wearer!

<> I like to wear scarves and when my very short hair has grown out a bit, I wear cute headbands from time to time until I get another haircut. Leggings and tights are good. I accessorize with bags and in the winter, hats or knitted headbands & gloves.

<> I'm pretty simple. I usually just wear my wedding ring (cushion-cut green amethyst in a very modern silver band), various small or stud earrings (though sometimes dangly ones), and maybe a bracelet or necklace. I only wear a bracelet or necklace 1-2 days a week on average but I wear earrings daily.

<> I like shopping and I do it almost every week, although about 80% of it is secondhand/thrift shopping. I am motivated by looking at fashion blogs, change of the seasons, and of course when I notice my clothes getting loose thanks to MFP ;-)

<> not really. I like (and incorporate) various elements of almost every era (especially 20s, 40s, 80s) but there is not one specific era that resonates with me most.
  • seltzermint555
    Options

What are your favorite handbag brands? I used to be a huge Coach and Fossil fanatic but in recent years I'm not quite as particular. I do love LeSportsac 3 zip cosmetic bags, I use them as wallets.

Oh and I can't believe I did not mention denim as a favorite fabric. Definitely.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    1. Old Navy is my favorite. Fashion and value.
    2. Most celebrity brands.
    3. Great jeans and a favorite shirt.
    4. I like fitted flare jeans, a-line skirts, empire waists
    5. I don't wish for anything. I like the way I dress.
    6. Skinny jeans
    7. Blue. Red.
    8. Stripes and polka dots
    9. Cotton. Denim
    10. i rock both well
    11. Yes. Usually a-line bottoms. Wrap dresses. Babydoll style.
    12. I like sneakers and chunky heels
    13. Yes to both. Easier to wear now with less weight
    14. Glasses. Belt. Watch.
    15. Plugs. Necklace. Ring. Watch.
    16. Sales. Coupons. Need.
    17. The 40s and 50s
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Only because there's still 30 minutes in the work day....

Cotton, and lace. I love lace :)

If you haven't gathered by now, I love fashion all through the 1940's through the 1960's. <3

Your retro style sounds so fantastic!! Love it.

I never considered myself a lace person, but I found a cute long sleeve black top with all lace sleeves and I like it a lot. Something about the lace sleeves makes me feel like a bada$$ for some silly reason!! It reminds me of something I would have begged my mom to buy me as a kid in the 80s but she wouldn't have allowed.

BTW I totally posted that in my last hour at work after finding it on a blog. I know it's super long but I'm thrilled a couple of you responded.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    1. Old Navy is my favorite. Fashion and value.
    2. Most celebrity brands.
    3. Great jeans and a favorite shirt.
    4. I like fitted flare jeans, a-line skirts, empire waists
    5. I don't wish for anything. I like the way I dress.
    6. Skinny jeans
    7. Blue. Red.
    8. Stripes and polka dots
    9. Cotton. Denim
    10. i rock both well
    11. Yes. Usually a-line bottoms. Wrap dresses. Babydoll style.
    12. I like sneakers and chunky heels
    13. Yes to both. Easier to wear now with less weight
    14. Glasses. Belt. Watch.
    15. Plugs. Necklace. Ring. Watch.
    16. Sales. Coupons. Need.
    17. The 40s and 50s

Super cute dress description(s) and I can definitely relate to #16 Valerie :-)
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    1. anything made tough (i am hard on my clothes). eddie bauer, st johns bay, jones new york
    2. none. not that into brands, honestly.
    3. don't have one. it varies.
    4. anything that will flatter my boobless stick figure, which means my choices are limited and pretty much already made for me. tailored or figure-hugging, not too low-cut on top works. loose and flowy does not.
    5. uh... i would have to have a different body for other styles to look good on me. and i don't want a different body. so i'll stick with what i look good in.
    6. see #4
    7. to wear: black, gray, red, blue, or anything neutral, and black. did i say black? also psychotically bright accent colors (against black) and tie-dye.
    8. i'm too skinny for patterns to look good me, i think. i avoid them. anything geometric is fine. i don't consider tie-dye a pattern.
    9. polyester, rayon, and silk. anything that i can machine wash and beat the hell out of.
    10. both
    11. yes, whenever i can and feel like it. A-lines, almost exclusively, for me.
    12. either high heels or comfy sneakers. for comfort and durability i prefer men's shoes (i'm 8-8.5 in mens, 10 in womens)
    13. the higher the better. i'm a high-flying ace in heels.
    14. tights, kneesocks, scarves
    15. earrings, necklaces. i wear much less jewelry these days than i have in the past.
    16. having money. not when i'm poor.
    17. '20s, '30s, '40s. some '50s; there's where i start to lose interest.

* all of the above is subject to the skateboarding aegis: when the roads are dry, longboarding is my #1 priority which means rough, tough, dirty clothes (with holes, usually) and skate shoes. and that's when i feel i look my best. :tongue:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

What are your favorite handbag brands? I used to be a huge Coach and Fossil fanatic but in recent years I'm not quite as particular. I do love LeSportsac 3 zip cosmetic bags, I use them as wallets.

Oh and I can't believe I did not mention denim as a favorite fabric. Definitely.

I love my leather limited edition Coach bags. I also really like Burberry.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not fussed, whatever fits.
    Super expensive brands with massive logos all over it. Don't see the point in it, you're just paying for the name.
    Not sure what go-to means. My normal attire is t-shirt and jeans. If I'm going out it's a skirt and nice top and flat shoes.
    Bootcut jeans, which are tough to find these days with this skinny jean hype.
    Any dress, really.
    Dresses make me look weird. I've a B belly, and the top part of the B sticks out, so when I wear a dress, it makes me look preggers.
    Fave colours to wear are blue or black.
    Anything that's not stripy.
    Not fussed.
    Normally wear trousers, if going out I wear skirts. Not really a 'girly girl'.
    No.
    Dr Martens. No :( they don't fit me.
    No and No.
    Colourful scarves
    Earrings and necklaces
    I shop if I have to. I go very early in the morning, get my stuff, then get the hell out.
    I like the Victorian era with all the corsetry. And the colours of the 60's, the flares, tie dye. The 90's were good fun too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    1.What clothing brands do you love to wear? Why? old navy, calvin klein, modcloth. london times, michael kors, diesel, kate spade, pucci (well the knocks offs :laugh: )

2.What clothing brands do you hate? Why? dont have any that I hate. if i dont like them i dont buy. there's no emotion involved lol

3.What’s your go-to outfit? (A tee shirt and jeans? A dress and heels? A sweater and slacks?) - jeans tee and a moto jacket

4.What styles do you love to wear? (Think in terms of garments: styles of blouse, sweater, skirt, dress, pant, shoe, etc.): wrap dresses, v neck tees, bootcut jeans, pencil skirts, sheath dresses, shirt dresses

5.What styles do you wish you could wear? none. i can pretty much wear any style i want.

6.What styles do you think look horrendous on you? In what ways do they fight your figure? high waist/empire waists, boxy tees,

7.What are your favorite colors? red, orange, purple

8.What are your favorite patterns? (If any.) animal, stripes

9.What are your favorite fabrics? cotton,

10.Are you a skirt girl, pants girl, or both? neither. dresses

11.Do you wear dresses? If so, what style? 80% of the time i do. wrap dress, sheath dresses, a line dress, cage dresses, i hear dresses

12.What styles of shoes you like? Do you own shoes in those styles? pepp toes, kitten heels, decorative flats. cowboy boots. yes to owning some of all.

13.Can you wear heels? Do you enjoy wearing heels? yep, up to 4"and i'll wear them when im going out in the evening, not during the day

14.What accessories do you wear most often? (Scarves, belts, watches, hosiery, etc.). none

15.Which pieces of jewelry do you wear most often? (Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, etc.) earrings, bracelets

16.What motivates you to shop? Do you enjoy shopping? when i need something new. i dont really enjoy it because i never really find stuff i like and when i do it's usually over my budget.

17.Is there an era of fashion that you absolutely adore? Nope. all eras are pretty much have equally ugly and equally cute fashions to me. none of them stick out as being better
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    1.What clothing brands do you love to wear? Why? dont care about this

2.What clothing brands do you hate? Why? old navy ,gap,nothern reflections calvin klein or whatever

3.What’s your go-to outfit? (A tee shirt and jeans? A dress and heels? A sweater and slacks?) my really old worn in ripped not i bought them this way ripped actually ripped from life jeans, a long flowy clunky black sweater hooded coat thing and some kind of shirt

4.What styles do you love to wear? (Think in terms of garments: styles of blouse, sweater, skirt, dress, pant, shoe, etc.) boho, dark, stevie nicks esque ...I like to look like I imagine a witch might look. Long flowy, ripped, patched, layered,dark

5.What styles do you wish you could wear? i wear what i want already

6.What styles do you think look horrendous on you? In what ways do they fight your figure? short skirts i hate my knees

7.What are your favorite colors? black , dark purple/plum , dark blue, dark green, pale olive green , faded coffee brown

8.What are your favorite patterns? (If any.) burn out velvet

9.What are your favorite fabrics?velvet, cotton

10.Are you a skirt girl, pants girl, or both?pants

11.Do you wear dresses? If so, what style?woodnymph style

12.What styles of shoes you like? Do you own shoes in those styles?big clunky combat type boots

13.Can you wear heels? Do you enjoy wearing heels? yes and no

14.What accessories do you wear most often? (Scarves, belts, watches, hosiery, etc.) scarves i guess

15.Which pieces of jewelry do you wear most often? (Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, etc.) chokers, lots of necklaces, tonnes of rings every finger, bangles and lots of bracelets

16.What motivates you to shop? Do you enjoy shopping?if i need new clothes or something , its okay not huge on shopping

17.Is there an era of fashion that you absolutely adore? 70s,90s
  • seltzermint555
    Options

4.What styles do you love to wear? (Think in terms of garments: styles of blouse, sweater, skirt, dress, pant, shoe, etc.) boho, dark, stevie nicks esque ...I like to look like I imagine a witch might look. Long flowy, ripped, patched, layered,dark

From this and your other answers, I get a great visual image of what your style is like! Really cool!
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1. Brand's less important than fit, quality, and price.
    2. I don't tend to wear things I either can't afford, or things with tons of loud logos all over.
    3. Jeans, cute blouse, cardigan, long necklace, flats.
    4. My style is basically nerdy-hot librarian.
    5. Pinup, vintage. There's lots of things I wish i could wear, but can never find for a variety of reasons.
    6. High waisted anything (I have a short waist) or tight, strappy things don't suit me.
    7. Black, burgundy, plum, forest green, brown
    8. Probably polka dots.
    9. Um, ones that drape well?
    10. I don't own any skirts so... pants. But not necessarily out of choice.
    11. I don't own any dresses that fit either. I'm difficult to fit.
    12. Flats.
    13. No, the air gets thin up here and it's just not fair to the rest of men to always be staring at my amazing rack.
    14. A long necklace, or a scarf.
    15. Earrings irritate me and I don't like rings because I type all day. So, probably necklaces.
    16. I loathe shopping and try to avoid it.
    17. Nudist colonies; togas.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I don't have a favorite brand, I wear whatever fits good.

Tom Hardy. I just..everything they have is awful.
    Lululemon. Overpriced, too many people wearing it outside of gyms.

Everyday:Jeans and a tshirt or blouse. Sometimes heels.
    Go out: Dress and heels.

Such a broad question. My jeans are either skinny or really baggy/loose. I wear lots of off shoulder sweaters. I wear ankle length, fitted dress pants in strong colors. I have all kinds of shoes. Most of my dresses are medium length or long, but tight. I go for showing back rather than leg or cleavage.

I pretty much wear whatever i want. I promised myself i'll rock some booty shorts next summer just because i have always covered up my legs, and i'm finally starting to like them, not necessarily because i love that style. More of a psychological win for me.

I honestly don't think i look horrendous in anything. Sure, some things fit better than others. I'd say sweatshirts or anything too big on top, not fitted in the waist makes me look boxy.

On clothes? Red, black, dark blue. Bright colors and pastels in the summer. So all colors, i guess!

I'm not big on patterns.

Again, don't really have one. Different fabrics work on different items.

Both.

Yes. I find tight but covered up the sexiest. But i have all kinds of dresses.

I like shoes that stand out. I think usually the shoes make or break an outfit. And again, i have all kinds. Except boring brown old lady shoes.

Yes. Yes.

I wear a watch every day. Scarves a lot.

Earrings

I am a bargain hunter. I always find great deals on stuff. I enjoy it for no longer than 2-3 hours at a time.

Not really.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    What clothing brands do you love to wear? Why?
    I don't pay any attention to brands.

see answer above.

Sweater and corduroy pants, sometimes jeans.

Sweatpants, elastic-waist corduroy pants, sweaters, tank tops, thigh-length shorts, maxi dresses. I love jackets. Wide leg or boot cut pants, never tapered ( eww!) And I absolutely hate skinny fit jeans.

If I was younger, a bikini.

Anything spandex, anything tight, because that stuff is uncomfortable, and I hate knee length shorts and capris. I detest skinny fit jeans. Can't work or ride in them.

Brown of all shades from ecru to charcoal brown; grey; orange; lime green; never white.

Animal prints if realistic., marblling.

Natural fabrics, very little polyester. I hate satin. I like fleece for barn clothes.

Pants, 99% of the time, or a dress. I have a few skirts... have never worn them.

Maxi dresses, tank dresses. Seldom, though.

Anything except peep toes, kitten heels, stillettos or ballet flats.. I have shoes in most other styles. I like wedges, sandals and boots Crocs are suitable only for working in manure, cleaning stalls.
    I can wear them, but I never go anywhere that they would be suitable. Hayfield? Trail rides? Farmer's market? Art fairs? Nah.

Bags,belts, some jewelry. I never wear watches, or hosiery other than socks. No pantyhose ever.

Bracelets, rings, once in a while necklaces.

I like to shop, but for clothes I usually shop at Goodwill. Black suede trenchcoat, never worn, $ 5.49!! I have more clothes now than I'll wear in the rest of my life, so I don't shop for clothes much at all. A few times a year maybe.

No.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I like places that sell clothing that is small and fits me. I don't like to shop. So, my choices may be randomly stumbled upon. I like the jeans at Banana Republic (petite, boot cut, stretch, dark blue, good fit for a curvy booty, size 00). I have some shirts from bluenotes, they run small it seems. I like H&M because I can get casual or professional clothes and they are not expensive. I get shoes from payless because they sell size 5.5. I have some yoga pants from Roots. I liked their crop sweatpants, but did not like the large company emblem being on them. And pretty much just whenever I find something I like that fits and is affordable. Brand is not important. I do aim towards stores that run small, so I can get a good fit.

Just places in which the smallest size is too big or too long. I like a good fit. I don't like how shirts are often made to be very long.

Jeans with a black t-shirt or a colorful knit top that fits well (is small enough on my waist).

Umm, basic, casual, fitted, practical. I wear a lot of black. I like stripes. I wear hiking sneakers, boots, or wedge heels. I like blouses.

I don't know.

Loose clothing hides my figure. Clothing that is not fitted in the waist does not look so great on me. Long shirts don't look good on me because I'm short.

Black, purple, blue. Or rainbow.

Stripes, or a top that has one band of patterning near the top. There are some small checkered type patterns that I like.

Cotton, knit. I also like some synthetics. Things that can handle it if I sweat, but won't make me hot because I'm active a lot.

Pants or a skirt with pants that are like tights underneath. I like to be active.

Yes, short sleeve, not past the knee usually. Black or with a pattern. Fitted at the waist or with a tie belt.

Hiking sneakers, wedge heels, warm cozy boots that keep my feet warm, are waterproof around the feet and have cute fuzzy fake fur at the top, sandals for summer that feel secure on my feet, but airy.

I usually just wear wedge heels.

I have a dainty antique watch that is silver. Headbands.

I have a dainty antique watch that is silver and looks like a bracelet. Sometimes I wear my wedding ring, my engagement ring is beautiful, but it is too big for me (it was made for my husband's grandmother and they just can't make it small enough to fit me). Sometimes I wear a necklace. Haven't been wearing earrings as much these days.

When my clothes get holes in them or if I need something specific for a performance or occasion or event. I don't enjoy shopping.

It appears I like the 60's maybe.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    1.What clothing brands do you love to wear? Why? No specific brands - being 'Short' - or I guess "Petite' is the PC word - I'm 5'2" - I look for decent Petite clothing - which I can usually get at Macy's, The Gap, some Boutiques that cater to smaller women
    2.What clothing brands do you hate? Why? any Petite clothing brands that have frilly clothes and think that Petite women want to look like they're 10 - WE DON'T!
    3.What’s your go-to outfit? (A tee shirt and jeans? A dress and heels? A sweater and slacks?) Hmmm - now that I've hit my goal weight, I'd say skinny jeans, ballet flats, and a pretty top; or bootcut jeans, boots with a heel or chunky clogs, cute top
    4.What styles do you love to wear? (Think in terms of garments: styles of blouse, sweater, skirt, dress, pant, shoe, etc.) fitted blouses; TONS of pretty/fun CARDIGANS (I'm the 'little old lady who is ALWAYS cold), short (but classy) skirts (I have good legs)! wrap dresses, skinny/tapered pants, bootcut jeans, ballet flats, chunky boots, boots with heels
    5.What styles do you wish you could wear? chunky sweaters - I'm too short, and I'm short waisted....maxi dresses - again, I'm too short - looks like I'm standing in a hole...........wish I could wear pale colors - I can't - I'm SUPER fair - I look washed out
    6.What styles do you think look horrendous on you? In what ways do they fight your figure? see above
    7.What are your favorite colors? LOTS of black; paired with bright colors - red, hot pink, bright green, turquoise.........
    8.What are your favorite patterns? (If any.) paisley, argyle
    9.What are your favorite fabrics? anything that comes out of the dryer, looks nice, and I don't have to iron or fuss with.....!
    10.Are you a skirt girl, pants girl, or both? both - but mostly pants
    11.Do you wear dresses? If so, what style? Yes - but I am short with long legs - so it has to be the 'right' kind of dress - I have to get a lot of dresses shortened
    12.What styles of shoes you like? Do you own shoes in those styles? LOVE shoes - love ballet flats, clogs, heels, boots, you name it....!
    13.Can you wear heels? Do you enjoy wearing heels? I can wear heels - I don't wear them a lot - I don't find them super comfortable - but they make me taller, which I like!
    14.What accessories do you wear most often? (Scarves, belts, watches, hosiery, etc.) I have a scarf collection - wear one every day to work; wear the same watch (it's gold and silver so it goes with all of my jewelry), I DO wear hose when I wear a skirt or dress because I'm so pale if I didn't I would look sick!
    15.Which pieces of jewelry do you wear most often? (Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, etc.) I LOVE jewelry and I wear it every day - I wear the same rings every day (diamond and ruby engagement ring, plus three other rings that are an assortment of gold, ruby and diamond). I wear bracelets everyday - depending on what I'm wearing, it's gotta go with the outfit - I have silver, gold, with stones - you name it - same with necklaces - it's gotta go with the outfit
    16.What motivates you to shop? Do you enjoy shopping? - I love clothes, but I HATE to shop! I shop when I specifically need something - it's called 'mission' shopping - I need it - I find out what store has it, I get it, I go home.
    17.Is there an era of fashion that you absolutely adore? umm - the '80's were fun - put these crazy hot pink streaks in my hair (which is naturally VERY blonde) and had a thing for leather mini skirts............)!
  • seltzermint555
    Options

Brown of all shades from ecru to charcoal brown; grey; orange; lime green; never white.

I like to shop, but for clothes I usually shop at Goodwill. Black suede trenchcoat, never worn, $ 5.49!!

I never wear white either. It looks terrible with my skin tone!

Great Goodwill find, too!
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I don`t really pick clothes for brands, I usually go with someone I like and is of a decent quality and fits well. But the brands I seem to gravitate towards are Le Chateau (:D) and some fifties vintage type stuff.

None in particular; I`m not partial or impartial to any clothing brands. I'm tired of hearing about Lululemon though.

Usually I'm in a blouse and jeans, but in the summer I gravitate towards flowy skirts and shorts with a nice fitted top.

Dressy-casual. Nice dress pants and a blouse, skirt and jean jacket, jeans with a t-shirt and heels, a nice simple dress with flats.

Anything a little more summery or flowy, but it's cold and snow-covered where I live about 75% of the year. We get maybe two-three months of warm weather (20-30C/68-86 F)

Long dress and anything that really aids in making me appear shorter than I already am. Anything too loose will also add too many pounds, and I have a naturally curvy (NOT FAT! There's a difference!!!) figure, so it's very unflattering.

Red, black, dark green, and dark blue

None

Cotton, denim, silk, leather

Pants in the winter, skirts in the summer.

Yes, I do. I try to keep it somewhat casual at work, so something simply cut, not frills or special details, and ones that hug curves. I don't like really loose dresses with no cut or shape.

Thigh-high boots, classic stilettos, flats, and Romanesque sandals. I have the stilettos and sandals (I just wish they laced up to the knees), but the boots are always over 200 dollars when I find them.

LOVE LOVE heels! Been wearing them since I was 13. Because, well, I'm short...

Scarves, cameo necklaces, my ring, and hosiery when I am not in pants or shorts.

I friggin hate shopping. I've hated it since I was little. I was overweight as a kid and I was really short, so that didn't help either. Body image problems = bad day at the mall.

the 1920s (FLAPPERS! :D), '40s, '50s. Almost anything Gothic-Victorian (Mid to late 19th century ish) because corsets and the entire gothic/victorian culture is beautiful to me! I am slightly partial to medieval dress as well!