Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes please. With lime and rum.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what your problem is, other than your Diet Coke has an addictive ingredient. I gave up all soda's right away. I loved regular Coke but just to many calories to justify and once I switched to water I did not see any nutritional value in drinking diet soda when there are so many benefits to water. And to be honest I hated water. Now I crave you.

I am not really that health conscious and do not exercise near as much as I should. But I was able to give up the soda habit. You can too.

There is absolutely NOTHING in your Diet Coke that is good for you. Just pick a day and end it all. I actually stopped all caffeine but
    that was not my plan. I just found once I started drinking water I really didn't want anything else.

Good Luck!!
    What's in water that's good for you, that's not in Diet Coke?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    cheers
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper and Pepsi Max here!!! Occasionally Diet Coke, but don't really care for it. No problems here. I do get the cravings that it supposedly causes, but I think everyone does. I believe part of that is habit and the insulin spikes caused by white breads and pastas that I eat sometimes. That and TOM. :wink:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I tried switching to Coors Light but it did not go over well at the office.
    :laugh:

Why not just keep the Diet Coke and add some Jack Daniels to it?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    What's my problem:grumble:

Your problem is that you've fallen for the food demonization rhetoric. From what you've said, I'm guessing you are in 100x better shape - inside and out - than most of the people who have been unhealthy and obese most of their lives, then suddenly dropped everything they classify as 'bad', only to crashed and burn and return to their old lifestyles within 24 months.

A few diet sodas is not going to change that.
  • carlenemize
    Options
    even it is in diet form , i think it was not healthy drink, but like you said you are addicted that drink,, like me i am also like to chat always using chatwing live chat, even my exercise time i used in chatting using my mobile phone
  • t73reed
    t73reed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have had a twenty year addiction to the bubbly stuff...Finally, after kinds of stomach problems in the last five years I have quit. It's only been 11 days mind you...longest I've ever gone. But oh my, the headaches have been awful! My one friend has quit drinking it as well and said after the two week mark those headaches should go away. I hope so! But boy is it hard, I crave Diet coke usually around lunch when I'm waning in energy. IF you haven't had any issues, then I'd say your okay. But for me, I knew it was destroying my stomach.
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    cheers

Yes! "Clink, clink"

Seriously, also an addict. Part of it's the caffeine hit, since I can't stand coffee or tea. I'm down to about three per day, and usually make myself drink 16 oz. of water between each can of DC. When I really make it a focus, I can eliminate all but the first can in the morning, but I never cut out that last one, because trying to make it through the caffeine withdrawal headache is NOT worth it just to feel virtuous. :noway:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I love my Diet Coke (with lime). Or Zero (vanilla). I'm somewhat health conscious, lift heavy 3x a week, try to eat right most of the time …. But having one can a day isn't going to counteract all the good stuff I do. True, loads of those chemicals have been found to cause problems in lab rats. But one would have to drink a lot (and I mean A LOT) to reach the levels they fed the rodents. So I figure, life is worth enjoying, I'll have my fizzy fake-sweetener caffeine and enjoy!
  • SeeTessRun
    Options
    I tried over and over to quit drinking Diet Coke and FINALLY last year I was able to do it. I had to go cold turkey. I can never have another Diet Coke because the first time I do, I'll be drinking 3-4 a day again.

I missed it for awhile, then only when I had certain foods like tacos. Now I don't miss it at all. It took almost a full year before I didn't want one at least some of the time.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I love love love love LOVE!!!! Diet Dr. Pepper... and I am not ready to give it up EVER!!! I've tried! I now limit myself to one a day at work... and that's it. And that's tough! But I survive. One a day... surely won't kill me?!

This ^ !!!
  • stasiacham18
    Options
    I love love love diet coke!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Am I the only health conscious person addicted to Diet Coke, I'm 53, 5'9 140lbs, I eat healthly, exercise 7 days a week for at least 1.5 hours a day, run marathons and am currently training for a body building competition. What's my problem:grumble:

Do you know how many bodybuilders I know that get through comp prep in copious amounts of diet coke and sugar free gum? You're not abnormal!

I haven't drunk it for over a year though...don't like the taste anymore...
  • Aarw89
    Aarw89 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ahhh I used to be addicted to diet coke! Now I'm addicted to sugar free red bull... Trying to limit it to 1 - 2 a week.... It's now the only carbonated drink I'm having!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am so in love with diet Coke it's ridiculous. I know it's not the best for me so I'll routinely cut it out and then have it again. I try to stick to one or two a few times a week.
    If you can't get rid of it completely try limiting it like any other treat food like people have said.
    I may shave off a few years but I'll die happier.