what device should I get for fitness?

Options
Im sorry if this has already been asked but I could not find what I was looking for in the search field.

Basically, I have an Android phone and I have been using a polar watch and heart rate monitor when exercising but there are sooooooo many new devices out there, that I have no idea which one is the better and could do all that I want. I have looked at the app gallery but I still confused. Basically, I want something that tracks all calories, walking, gps and plays music, I looked at Scosche Rhythm Reviews but I think you still need to have my phone because the music comes out of my phone. I have thought about Jawbone as well and there other devices but it is really hard to choose the right device.

My biggest thing is that I am a woman and I like pretty and practical things. I want the device to do everything whilst looking pretty. I know that is silly but that is me.:flowerforyou:

Any reccomendations?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Your smartphone can do all that....
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Can't think of anything that does it all (although watch this space as fitness devices seem to the rage within the tech world at the mo).

I use my phone, Polar hrm and I've got a Fitbit Flex, between these everything is pretty much covered. (would love one device though).

Currently in the UK they do a pink flex (donation to breast cancer charity). But I don't know if it's available in Brissy yet. (actually just looked it up, it is available in Australia.

Sorry, not a lot of help!
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, this may sound a little stupid but - how does my smart phone do pedometer?
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will look at the pink flex
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, this may sound a little stupid but - how does my smart phone do pedometer?

Check out apps like MapMyWalk.