Well, I was wrong about eating more

Options
I thought people who claimed that eating more was too difficult were just being silly or trying to show how self-controlled they normally are. Now I'm trying to eat between 2800 and 3000 calories per day, and I feel pretty bloated a lot of the time. It's only day two, though. I'm not even eating low-calorie foods. I'm eating olive oil galore, almonds, avocados, stuff like that. Also I noticed already that I am pooing more now.

I thought it was all talk, but now I'm not just eating my food--I'm eating my words.

Replies

• grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    This is where a blender comes in handy. You can easily make hi-calorie drinks in the blender and it's easier to drink 500-600 calories than it's to eat 500-600. Just add a hi-calorie drink or two.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I definitely second the blender. Smoothies can easily be maid to be as high (or low) calorie as needed. you can toss in another banana, some protein powder, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flax, etc. Or even just drink a bigger portion! Easier (for me anyways) to have a bigger smoothie than eat a bigger meal.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Now I'm trying to eat between 2800 and 3000 calories per day...Also I noticed already that I am pooing more now.

science_animated_gif_by_mysteriousshamrock-d5p3shf.gif

I always use peanut butter to fill in the gaps when needed.
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just tried peanut butter for the first time today...and it made me retch. I understand why people like it, but I think I will have to adjust to it before I can really look forward to eating it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to suggest....I can eat that amount of cals easily, with most of my carbs coming from lower calorie dense options...
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Now I'm trying to eat between 2800 and 3000 calories per day...Also I noticed already that I am pooing more now.

science_animated_gif_by_mysteriousshamrock-d5p3shf.gif

I always use peanut butter to fill in the gaps when needed.

Peanut butta Jellay!!! Lol. Luvz me some peanut butter!! Also nutella!!! :happy:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
  • Runningforlove
    Runningforlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    try nutela, almond butter or full fat Greek yogurt
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    tea! it'll ease some pain
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Or try the program "Twinkies and Beer." I hear that can pack on more pounds than Body Beast can.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I just tried peanut butter for the first time today...and it made me retch. I understand why people like it, but I think I will have to adjust to it before I can really look forward to eating it.

Really? You've never had peanut butter before? Try the organic kind, I hate when there is sugar in my peanut butter (unless it's a Reese's)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I pack on about 20 pounds of clothes every morning before leaving the house. Send me your monies and i'll teach you how.

Damn Canadian winters.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Or try the program "Twinkies and Beer." I hear that can pack on more pounds than Body Beast can.

Don't forget Cheez Its!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    In my experience when bulking, the first few days you feel stuffed, then you get really hungry and could eat everything in sight.

Have fun bulking ;)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Are you trying a workout program, like Body Beast? With that you can pack on up to 20 dollars into my wallet in 90 seconds!

FIFY
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of bulking.. 3500 calories is my target. Day 1 I decided I bulking really sucks.. day 2 wasn't better.. it was physically difficult to eat that much food. Day 3 felt better with meals spread out through the day. Today, the only calories I drank was a protein shake first thing this morning, an energy drink during lunch (rare occurance) and milk for dinner. Not only was I starving when I woke up, I was also starving by the time dinner rolled around, after already having 2800 calories today. Dinner took me up to 3550 and I feel fine :) Keep at it, it gets easier.
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    StrawberryShake.png

Loads of other things you can add in there too to up the calories even more. One of them a day and it's almost 1/3 of your calories done.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    add whiskey to your diet
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    add whiskey to your diet

Is every answer you have is Whiskey? lol...every post I see from you has whiskey in it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Bacon
    Cake
    Cupcakes
    I've never had a tough time eating that much, 'course, I don't do it that often, so there's that...

Sorry, man.

Also, in for Nutella.