What's the worst food in your town/city?

Options

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm an hour from Chicago, which is known for hot dogs and pizza. I'm not a huge fan of pizza or hot dogs, so I don't eat them very often. My husband, though, is a different story. He had Gastric Bypass two years ago, and can pretty much eat whatever he wants. He sabotages me unintentionally. I just have to make good choices and not worry about what he's eating.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    I had a slice of Giordano's pizza for the first time two weeks ago. I must say, it wasn't worth the 550 calories.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Harold's Chicken (fried chicken sent from heaven and you could actually eat it everyday!)
    White Castle's (just about everything on the menu has trans fats in them)
    Giordono's Pizza (deep dish - one slice will put you in a coma for 2 days)
    A&P Deli (corned beef that's so good, you can feel your arteries hardening as you pass by the place)

If you haven't guessed, I live in Chicago, so my list can go on and on and on, but I'll stop here, for the sake of my flared up cravings!

133123.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • somethingvague
    Options
    I had a slice of Giordano's pizza for the first time two weeks ago. I must say, it wasn't worth the 550 calories.

Oh man, pizza is one of my biggest tempation foods....I can never travel to Chicago..haha.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Since we're on the subject....
    If you have never seen this website you should check it out!
    http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Some of it is gross but some of it looks delicious!

WTF is wrong with these people??? OMG!!! This site made me nauseous!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    We have an Anchor Burger (and yep, it's fantastic... especially the Cashew Burger). Everyone that comes to town HAS to go an eat one. We also have two pizza joints that are to die for.

We mostly have burger joints & pizza joints. One place called Gronks, has a burger called the Enger Tower Burger

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/2419027245_b07a2dfd24_b.jpg - it's "only" 5lbs w/o fries. I think the fries are another lb.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Diego and we have... Carne Asada Fries! "Grilled" beef, tons of cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and hot sauce on top of a MOUND of fries. Easily serves 4, but just as easily serves 1. Soooooo bad, but soooooooooooo good. Geez, I want some.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Some of the cooks at the naval base here make deep fried bacon dipped in chocolate.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Since we're on the subject....
    If you have never seen this website you should check it out!
    http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Some of it is gross but some of it looks delicious!

WTF is wrong with these people??? OMG!!! This site made me nauseous!
    LOL It's one of those things...I. CANT. STOP. LOOKING. AT. IT.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I live in Texas so do you have a minute? You name it! deep fried bacon! chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with cream gravy. All the mexican food you can ever want!

Holy crap, I'm from Texas too, I know what you mean. However I'm stationed in Colorado and they have NO, I mean NO good Mexican food here. If you want Mexican its Taco Bell. Which isn't so bad if you get the fresca stuff... but being a southern girl born and raised i like some meat!
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am from South Louisiana. Fried seafood, boiled seafood, beignets, cafe au lait, red beans and rice, jambayla.........and the list goes on.....
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Like, if I lived somewhere that had IHops or Sonics, I would be done for.
    Eh, the food at those places sounds good but a lot of it is mediocre, especially at iHop.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I live in a college town where the restaurants that people "drunk eat" at stay open all night. And they are all horrible for you. But there is one place called R U Hungry? And they make "fat" sandwiches which will have anything and everything on them. cheesesteak, mozarella sticks, french fries, etc. etc. I only ever ate it once and didn't like the sandwich I ordered... thank God.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Eh, the food at those places sounds good but a lot of it is mediocre, especially at iHop.

Very true. They'd be REALLY dangerous if they weren't ridiculously salty/ lukewarm/ wilted/ soggy much of the time.
  • somethingvague
    Options

Very true. They'd be REALLY dangerous if they weren't ridiculously salty/ lukewarm/ wilted/ soggy much of the time.

You guys are ruining my fantasy world of living in an IHop! Haha. Me and my best friends used to actually say we were going to go on an "American Food Tour" and just drive thru America and go to restaurants we don't have here...Sonic, IHop, Jack in the Box, Popeyes, Hardees, White Castle, TGI-Fridays, Checkers..etc..I forgot all the others. Although I don't think I'd be up for it anymore. Haha.

You guys have way more fast food places than us. I used to be jealous, but now I'm grateful...I don't need anymore temptation. :)
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Me and my best friends used to actually say we were going to go on an "American Food Tour" and just drive thru America and go to restaurants we don't have here...Sonic, IHop, Jack in the Box, Popeyes, Hardees, White Castle, TGI-Fridays, Checkers..etc.

Lol, there's some GREAT American food, but most if it won't be found at chain restaurants. Some of the most amazing is covered in Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". IF you were ever to embark on an ill-advised American Culinary Tour, THAT should be your road guide, not White Castle's "store locator".
  • sagesitter
    Options
    Pa here. This entire state lives on fatty meats and fried anything. The most daring the run away from is, fried pie. The Amish sell it at all the country markets and flee markets. Then we have funnel cakes topped with any fruit pie filling and mounds of whip cream. Pennsylvania is an artery buster for sure.
  • somethingvague
    Options
    Me and my best friends used to actually say we were going to go on an "American Food Tour" and just drive thru America and go to restaurants we don't have here...Sonic, IHop, Jack in the Box, Popeyes, Hardees, White Castle, TGI-Fridays, Checkers..etc.

Lol, there's some GREAT American food, but most if it won't be found at chain restaurants. Some of the most amazing is covered in Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". IF you were ever to embark on an ill-advised American Culinary Tour, THAT should be your road guide, not White Castle's "store locator".

Haha, I know the places I mentioned are all pretty gross...but to us it's exciting just because we don't have them and you do, haha. Plus we see the commercials all the time...and well, commercials make everything look good.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    LOL! The area I live in really isn't KNOWN for any particular food? I DO love Texas Roadhouse though! I am SURE they do not give out any nutritional info on purpose! :laugh: As far as fast food....no Sonic, Checkers, Hardees, Jack in the Box, White Castle here...we mainly have McDonalds, Arbys, Burger King, Wendys, Taco Bell. We do have TGIFridays though.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Originally from Toronto and now in PA.. here I have found funnel cakes and cheesesteaks.. especially my fav - a chicken cheesesteak with bacon and provolone.... mmmmmm