Focus T25. Anyone do it?

Options
Hi there, everyone!
Just last night, I ordered the Beach Body workout program called Focus T25, and I wanted to know if anyone else has done or is doing it right now? Tell me your thoughts? I did Insanity a few months ago, and I loved the results so I am curious to see what T25 will do for me :):happy:

Replies

• AliGilbreath
    AliGilbreath Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in my 2nd week of T25 alpha phase. I love it! I am actually excited to push play everyday. The time flies by and you sweat your butt off. Definetly a great workout.
  • jodiehong
    jodiehong Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is a great, comprehensive workout! Love that it focuses on core and adds weights in Month 2! Good luck with it! You'll love it!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Top to bottom, probably one of the better workouts I am doing.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who are doing it currently and love it. I wish I had time in my routing/training right now to add it in. I've done many of Shawn T's other programs and they are excellent.

Give it your all and I'm sure you'll get some great results!
  • melybelyc
    Options
    Absolutely love this program - you work so hard in just 25 minutes. I have lost lot of inches with this program. I am have only a week and a half left! It goes by very quickly. And the modifier is wonderful!
  • gapjax
    gapjax Posts: 1
    Options
    Well, because I had already owned P90X (and it's still in the box!) I didn't want to purchase the entire Focus T25. So what I bought instead was the single DVD "T25 - Core Speed" which cost me about $19.95. I can tell you this about that one DVD, that 25 min goes by quickly! And while everyone is moving relatively fast, there is one participant who is showcasing a "low impact" version of the routine (which is what I'm currently doing right now as I nurse an injury, plus I have limited space and full burpees aren't possible) and even the "low impact" version makes me sweat. According to my Nike Fuel band, I burn about 250 calories during that 25 minute period. So, if the entire Focus T25 series is as good as the one "T25 Core Speed" DVD, then I'd say you probably won't be disappointed!
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do the workouts in order but I don't do them everyday as they are set out as I'm combining it with heavy lifting too and I think I would be exhausted if I tried to do the set out calendar along with lifting! I will either do 3 x T25 workouts and 3 x heavy lifting sessions a week OR 4 x T25 and 2 x heavy lifting depending on my mood. Definitely works for me, I'm not losing a huge amount of lbs but the inches are disappearing and I feel great!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I completed the Alpha and Beta phases a few weeks ago. Honestly, I lost a few pounds and a few inches, but it wasn't the dramatic results you see in the ads. I liked that the movements build up during the workouts and a lot of the movements repeat from workout to workout, which made it easy to do since this was the program I used to return to exercise. I think the modifications they offer are realistic for users of all fitness levels, and the time needed to complete the workout is definitely good for the schedule. Shaun T is a good instructor and does well engaging the viewer so that you feel like you are a part of the routine, rather than just watching a bunch of people exercise and talk amongst themselves.

I did not end up going on to Gamma, and the real reason is, I got bored. I was excited to do weights in Beta, but the routines felt more like cardio with some weights thrown in. Rip't Circuit used the same weight-cardio-abs-then-repeat circuit that I've see in JM 30 DS. I really enjoy using weights, so I was a bit disappointed. I also feel like most of the focus in Beta was on upper body, which is fine, but I would have liked a lower body sculpting routine other than just some squats and lunges thrown in. I know squats and lunges are effective, but unless it's a progressive loading routine, they get old very quickly for me. So rather then move on to Gamma, I gave T25 a rest and moved on to P90X3.

I'm not sure if this is a BB workout thing or not, but one thing I have felt in doing both T25 and P90X3 is that I feel wiped during and right after the workout, but do not really have any muscle soreness later on after the first week of the routines. I've actually added in some resistance training with dumbbells 3 days a week with P90X3 because I feel like the workouts aren't really enough, and I wish I would have done it with T25. Yes, they incorporate weights, but the organization of the workouts kind of prevents you from pushing yourself as hard as you would like (at least for me) because you know you need to keep something left for the other exercises, and I wasn't working to failure on any exercise.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    On it's own, it is a great workout. However, after doing two rounds of Insanity, it wasn't very challenging. I like that it is condensed into 25 minutes so it makes it easier to do during lunch hour. I haven't gotten and therefore haven't done the gamma version, which I hear is a kick butt one!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 1 day 4 of Beta and I am loving it. I am not coordinated enough for all of the moves but I keep moving. My HRM shows me that I burn at least 250 calories per exercise. I did not lose lbs during Alpha but that was more because my eating got away from me. I am back on track now and I feel like I will see some weight loss. I have seen changes in inches although it is not as good as they show in the ads. I do enjoy it though. It is keeping me moving during the winter until I can get back outside and start running.