The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    It was way too restrictive for me. I think I lasted 17 hours. Srs. It's another low-carb type diet that works because you've created a calorie deficit.

You can have the same results creating a deficit and eating a wider variety of food, but that isn't very marketable so books and diets like this pop up every January.

I only lasted 17 seconds. It was too tight.

The restrictions, you perverts.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What is a "Zumba mattress", btw?
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I love how the majority of people on here are sooo judegemental when the majority got here because they got tired of trying these wonderful fad diets :laugh: good grief. :huh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I love how the majority of people on here are sooo judegemental when the majority got here because they got tired of trying these wonderful fad diets :laugh: good grief. :huh:

Huh?
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

Actually... they don't work. Or, they work temporarily while you follow them.... but once you go back to eating the way you did before, the weight magically comes back.

Isn't it funny how that happens?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    also
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Huh?

Exactly!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Huh?

Exactly!

for sure.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    A very close friend of mine has used the 17 day and has had great success. It's not really a 17 day thing, it has different cycles to it, where you are eating clean healthy food. You go through the cycles and continue on for however long you like. She took the success from the 17 day cycles and went to into a steady clean eating on her own. She has lost about 50lbs and looks great.

Thank you for your kind response.:smile: 50 pounds is amazing! I just need to lose 30 and was hoping the cycles would help me reprogram my eating habits.
  • shall1112
    Options
    It was way too restrictive for me. I think I lasted 17 hours. Srs. It's another low-carb type diet that works because you've created a calorie deficit.

You can have the same results creating a deficit and eating a wider variety of food, but that isn't very marketable so books and diets like this pop up every January.

giggling like I'm a 12 year old boy

• shall1112
    Options

giggling like I'm a 12 year old boy

(had to post again after messing up the quote)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Huh?

Exactly!

So you don't even understand your own point. Awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Huh?

Exactly!

So you don't even understand your own point. Awesome. :flowerforyou:
    conan-soup_zps3130405e.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    A very close friend of mine has used the 17 day and has had great success. It's not really a 17 day thing, it has different cycles to it, where you are eating clean healthy food. You go through the cycles and continue on for however long you like. She took the success from the 17 day cycles and went to into a steady clean eating on her own. She has lost about 50lbs and looks great.

Thank you for your kind response.:smile: 50 pounds is amazing! I just need to lose 30 and was hoping the cycles would help me reprogram my eating habits.

So you took the ONE response in favor of this diet and are running with it?

Good luck to you
  • superhippiechik
    Options
    my Zumba mattress

What is a Zumba mattress?

Autocorrect!lol It was supposed to say Zumba Classmate!:laugh:
  • superhippiechik
    Options

So you took the ONE response in favor of this diet and are running with it?

Good luck to you

I was thanking the one person that wasn't a rude judgmental jerk.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are people that have tried it. They may have even had success with it. The problem with diets like this is they are not sustainable. What happens after the 17 days to ensure the weight stays off and you don't gain it all back? A lot of times we want results fast. My thoughts are, I didn't gain this weight in 17 days (6 weeks, 90 days, whatever), I'm not going to lose it that fast either.

As simple as it sounds, maintaining a moderate calorie deficit will do so much more for you than any "special" diet. You will lose weight slowly but you will be able to keep it off easier. Many people on here are doing it and succeeding. It really is that simple.

Hey, OP, what about this response? Why not acknowledge this one, too? It is neither rude nor judgemental.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer. Best of luck to you.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm on an everyday diet. I eat whatever I want, every day. I just eat in the amount of calories where it is enough to fuel my body, but also enough of a deficit where I will lost weight. After I have lost the amount of weight I want to lose, I will continue to eat whatever I want, every day, but in the amount of calories where I will neither gain nor lose weight.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are people that have tried it. They may have even had success with it. The problem with diets like this is they are not sustainable. What happens after the 17 days to ensure the weight stays off and you don't gain it all back? A lot of times we want results fast. My thoughts are, I didn't gain this weight in 17 days (6 weeks, 90 days, whatever), I'm not going to lose it that fast either.

As simple as it sounds, maintaining a moderate calorie deficit will do so much more for you than any "special" diet. You will lose weight slowly but you will be able to keep it off easier. Many people on here are doing it and succeeding. It really is that simple.

Hey, OP, what about this response? Why not acknowledge this one, too? It is neither rude nor judgemental.

Exactly!!! You know the answer to why this hasn't been responded to...
  • superhippiechik
    Options

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I am a busy Woman with a career and Family. Boy how I wish I didn't have a life or any friends so I could spend all day of MFP looking for different ways to be a *kitten* rag!
    If you Google the 17 Day Diet you will get an overview of the 4 cycles of the 17 day diet,which has very few restrictions outside of No Booze
    no sugar except fruit sugar before 2
    no processed foods
    no refined carbs.
    Pretty much identical to the diet Diabetics have to follow. By the time you are in the 4th cycle you can eat whatever you like in moderation.