5'2 161lbs, g/w 135. anybody else in this general range?

Options
2»

Replies

• Malu42
    Malu42 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love your approach. I am gonna shoot for the same. Work in 20 lb increments.....Very practical!!
  • Malu42
    Malu42 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great approach!
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Took 5 months to get from 161-->142 but I wasn't so strict all the time which kept me going instead of making me give up on it :)

Slow and steady...
  • littlenature
    Options
    I'm 5' and about 145lbs, and I want to be around 110 lbs. I love exercise and I do it for fun and to get rid of some energy. I eat between 1200- 1500 calories per day, depending on how hungry I feel etc.

I just wanted to add that the thing that's great about being short is that every pound you lose is way more noticeable (the opposite is also true if you're gaining weight so I suppose it evens out!), compared to the same weight loss on a taller person. So I'm sure we'll be looking wonderful before we know it, if we keeps our heads in the game, that is!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've actually hit goal this year but I was in the same exact range as you! Feel free to add me or message me any questions you have :)
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I'm a little bigger but my goal weight is the same. I'm 5'2 and started at 230. I hit 190 this week and hope to hit 180 by my bday and 160 by the time I do the warrior dash in May. After that I'm just hoping to keep dropping until I'm happy with my look since I don't mind being thick and muscled up lol. I'm more concerned with look than the actual scale saying 130.

733f335a-57ed-4140-879a-117d54107bc0_zpsfa8a23c4.jpg
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3 and currently 154… I started losing weight again in Oct after being gone from here for over a year, and was diagnosed with hypothyroid and being stuck at a frustrating 160 plateau for over a year, now I'm finally seeing results.

My goal weight is 135 and then I'll see where I'm at once there. I was 125 in college and happy with that weight on me, and now I'm working out for an hour 3x a week and have built up muscle I think 135 is going to be a good weight for me.
  • tokkionew
    tokkionew Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Took 5 months to get from 161-->142 but I wasn't so strict all the time which kept me going instead of making me give up on it :)

Slow and steady...

what did you eat and do? I would love to be able to lose it that fast!!
  • caffeinekandie
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I started at 163. I'm only a week in but I'm around 160lbs now (haven't decided what day I'm doing weigh ins so I haven't recorded the loss). I have that I want 120 because I was a size2-4 and out of shape around 120-125 and I'd like to be that size again, but If I weigh more and I'm fit I'll be happy.

I'm eating around 1500 per day, doing couch25k, and free weights/body weight exercises.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and i started at 200 lbs.....i am now 123 lbs. It took me a year and a half but i have been maintaining for about 6 months now give or take 3 lbs up or down.

I eat a minimum of 1500 cals a day...sometimes i eat all my exercise cals back and then some. I TRY to do the best food wise but, its not always possable.

I workout 6 days a week with weights and cardio. I have stopped worrying about the scale number as long as i keep doing the work. Its hard to say how long it will take you to lose it.....really depends on your effort, desire and motivation.

Good luck!
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 160 pounds. I want to be around 120 eventually but will see how I look and feel once I hit 135. I'm trying to stay around 1200 calories but it's hard. I work a physical 12 hr swing shift and I think that helps. I just started 30ds. If anyone wants to add me feel free. Good Luck to all!
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 165 lbs and started at 173 at the end of November. My goal weight is 135 and possibly 125. We'll see how I look when I get there. I'm currently not working out but would like to start. I also don't count calories per se, but do count servings and pay attention to calories.
  • Cjbiobaby
    Cjbiobaby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Miss. i agree with you totally. the pressure and people bugging you about weight loss what you should do, what you should eat. what youre doing right or wrong...... it really discourages one from doing what they need to be doing....
    but if you are determined to do any of this you will ignore them... if you havent had a trainer, a doctor, or a nutritionist personally educate you on what youre doing how your doing and what to eat, its okay to sit back, be quiet and listen to people who have things to say...... take bit by bit and find what works foryou..... unfortunately for me, ive HAD to have nutrition class for my job to help my clients eat healthier and maintain a good weight for their ages....... i had this twice at one job and once at another.. in the same year, my doctor sent me to the nutritionist to get a wake up call. they had examples of portion sizes and man,,,,, was i ever over eating LOLOL.......im nutrition educated out this year......
    good luck best of luck with all of what you all are doing.....!!
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I started in February 2013 I was 5'2 and 159 lbs, right now I'm hovering 129-130. I would like to be at 125, with an ultimate goal weight of 120. I didn't start seriously logging my calories on here until mid-July (I was using another app). I had some set backs, like a month of insomnia because of school, a super busy month during the summer (15 hour work/school day), and the current holiday season (starting right before Christmas and lasting two weeks). I end up averaging about 3 lb loss a month, which is a nice steady pace. Right now I can net up to 1500 a day and still lose a 1/2 lb a week. It's hard to say when you will reach your goal weight, but give it a minimum of 6 months, but Halloween time is probably more realistic. If you haven't already, get a digital food scale, it will help you out immensely. Good luck and feel free to add me if you want any support!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm 170# now (was over 200# before). My G/W is actually 148 (for a total loss of 60#, which will put me at a size 6/8...135# would make me super tiny and I'm not sure it is something I can really maintain.