Back again! Need supportive friends!

Options
I am Marta, 41 years old and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last April. I did loose 25 pounds and became a pre-diabetic. In October my mom passed away and all my old eating habits came back.

I am looking for some support, not pity. I need to lose 30 pounds more and I know I can do it. In this site I have all I need to help me but I need the support.

So, anyone that is willing please send me a request. I will not let you down because I do not want to let myself down. My mom is looking down on me and I know she will be happy to know that I will move ahead and make myself better again. thanks everyone!

Lets do this!!!

Replies

• healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back this morning!! Of course, I feel honored to be with you on the journey!! ((HUGS)) my friend!
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Bet your mom wld be proud that you're taking good care of yourself. I'll send a friend request.
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marta! Sorry for your loss I'm sure that's really tough. Making friends on here is a great way to help keep you accountable and motivated on your fitness journey. I enjoy supportive fellow MFP friends. Looks like we live pretty close to each other. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • KJ77493
    KJ77493 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I am also back again. Looking for new friends. Anyone please feel free to add me!
  • cookiev1967
    Options
    head up and we'll reach healthy living together!!
  • serenamin
    Options
    Hello my name is Lisa. I am 27 years old and I have maintained my weight at 170 lbs. I am 5"7. I want to go back to 150 lbs wearing a size 8 again. I had been eating fast food while at work. I have a desk job so I sit all day long. I want to be more active and eat whole foods also to add more fruits and vegetables to my diet this year. I also eliminated fast food so I can continue cooking from home with healthy recipies alternatives.

I've done some research and found I can cook from home with portion control meals in a crockpot. This encourages more vegetables in the meal. I also want to make my own fruit smoothies adding vegetables and yogurt with the fruit so I can have it for breakfast and dessert after dinner. I would also want to eat a large bowl of salad for lunch with chicken or turkey or ham.

I have a 5 year old daughter I pick up from after care after work around 6pm. Instead of going home I want to be able to work out, but taking her to the gym is difficult. I am interested in taking her to the park before it gets too dark. I can play with her with jump rope, jumping jacks, and running in place. For jogging I have got her a bicycle for Christmas. Hopefully she can ride her bike while I jog around the apartment complex for a little bit. Or she can play at the playground while I jog around it with the dog just to keep an eye on her. The playground on ft hood base has a track I like to use some day.

These are my goals I would like to slowly pursue no later than a week or so. I am very confident this will work I just need to put in the efforts. I would love to be your support buddy. :smile:
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see you all here and grateful for your support.
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow. So sorry to hear about the passing of your Mother. Just know that she is free, happy and always shining down love upon you. However you made the right decision to take control and get back in the game! So excited for you! You need any help or encouragement along the way, you only need to ask. This place is loaded with so many good people! I'll send you an invite as well!