Just ate a Glazed Stick from Dunkins... HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Would you go and slash the other 3 tires after finding one flat? Of course not, that's foolish.

Only you can decide if you'll blow the day or suck it up and get back on track for the day.

If I hated the person bad enough... I would slash and break the windows....LOL. See, that's my emotional side busting out. Ugh.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Throw in the towel.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    how about thinking. "that was an AWESOME treat, i'll make room for it in my calories and macros by eating great the rest of the day and it will be no harm done"

:flowerforyou:
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    OH NO!!!!!!!! now you must thake the weight of that donut and multiply it by 6.0225 x 10^23 and that is how much weight you will gain!!! You must walk to Brazil to burn it off!

OR

Just make sure it fits in your daily calorie total at the end of the day. If it doesn't burn a little more off with exercise anmd you will be right back on track!
  • shearnerve
    shearnerve Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No you made a misstep but that is all. Go on with your "good" day.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Huge encouragement; thanks! I can fall weak and if I started off the day w / bad food I usually continue on w/ it. But, I'll keep reading everyone's comments and it'll take me through the day on a positive note!! Thanks... off to get a slice of pizza... NOSA !! HA.
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Try to realize that you don't have to be perfect to (insert whatever your goal may be here).

All-or-nothing attitude is your worst enemy and best friend at the same time. If something can't be done the right way then it's not worth doing at all, right? WRONG. There will be bumps and turns along the way and it's how we cope with them that will determine our overall success. Just persevere through this and don't over think it.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    First of all, for your motivation, I've heard the phrase "if you got a flat tire, you wouldn't slash the other three, would you?"

Secondly, I don't believe in "cheating" when it comes to food. Eating is not a test. You didn't "cheat" at breakfast. Maybe you ate something you didn't plan to, maybe it was something that won't quite fit into your calorie goals. Who cares? We are all human. We all enjoy food, and sometimes we enjoy it so much that we eat more than we plan. It's absolutely no big deal.

Finally, realize that this will have literally no impact on your weightloss whatsoever. MFP has you in a calorie deficit - probably somewhere around 500 calories. This means that even if you go over your calorie goal by a few hundred calories, you are still at a deficit and you are still losing weight. Even if you go WAY over your calorie goal, it's still not going to make a darn lick of difference in the grand scheme of your weight loss. I PROMISE you.

Sincerely,
    Someone who eats whatever the heck she wants, enjoys life, and loses weight.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Huge encouragement; thanks! I can fall weak and if I started off the day w / bad food I usually continue on w/ it. But, I'll keep reading everyone's comments and it'll take me through the day on a positive note!! Thanks... off to get a slice of pizza... NOSA !! HA.

Dear, there's no such thing as "bad food." Pizza is perfectly fine. Donuts are perfectly fine.

If you don't drop this mentality of "bad food" vs "good food" you are basically dooming yourself to failure. You need to eat the things you love to eat; the key is to learn to do so while also meeting your nutrient goals for the day. Eat some pizza if you love pizza, just make it fit into your day.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Rather than seeing such things as a failure, why not see it as more fuel which you can use to get stronger or fitter.

A couple of days ago I had a whole toffee pavlova meant for six (1000 calories). I meant to have it AFTER my run as a reward. As it turned out, I burnt 1500 calories on my run, so then went and got a pack of cookies (210 calories a cookie, I had 4) and some other carb-laden stuff to refuel. I still weighed less the day after and had met my protein goals of over 175g.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Whew.... I rushed in thinking someone was choking. :indifferent:
    Glad to know all is fine :flowerforyou:
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've started logging my entire day when I grab a sweet snack. that way, I know the game plan, and I know how many more calories I can fit in there. :)
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you can't look at it as cheating. Log it and move on. Fit it into the rest of your day!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just ate a glazed stick from Dunkins and this can set my mood for the rest of the day.... thinking... "hey, since I cheated at breakfast I can cheat at lunch".... I need help and some inspirational and motivational words right now......

A donut is not cheating. There's nothing wrong with donuts. Donuts are delicious and if you like them you should eat them sometimes.

The only thing that matters for weight loss is that you've met your calorie goal at the end of the day. Adjust your eating for the rest of the day to meet your daily goal. Done.

:drinker:
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just ate a glazed stick from Dunkins and this can set my mood for the rest of the day.... thinking... "hey, since I cheated at breakfast I can cheat at lunch".... I need help and some inspirational and motivational words right now......

No! No! No! You should set your mind to think like that: Mmm! I just had a nice treat and now I'm full of sugar and I should go use all that energy to workout !:laugh:

Moderation is hard for me too.... And I also think like you a lot of the time, but you know last time i thought this was in December, and that one day became a week and then a month! I also gained 20 whopping pounds in that month. So i say let's put that thought aside! I am not saying you will gain like me lol, but just giving you an exemple of where these kind of thoughts lead.

Turn this around
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You know, a DONUT can be very filling.... o wait that't a muffin...you're screwed!

JK you can stop the binge if you believe you can! ;)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.