What sounds good for lunch?

Options
What is everyone eating for lunch today?
I need some yummy healthy ideas.

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I might have some chicken soup with extra turkey cut up and hard boiled egg whites in it. I am running later, otherwise I would have a huge salad!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Huge salad with veggies and protein (olive oil/red wine vinegar)
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was in a rush this morning so I just grabbed a just for one frozen tray with macaroni with broccoli and cheese.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Am working later ...... bringing my lunchbag with a thermos of chicken-veggie soup, a few WASA crackers, a bit of hummus & raw veggies, cheesestick, Granny Smith apple and a bottle of water ...... plenty to eat for lunch, also for an afternoon snack :drinker:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm going to find something tasty to eat out.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i have a 9.4oz chicken breast, and corn and broccoli.

i'd rather have what travis is having though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm having some chicken noodle soup from Wegmans. It's actually delicious and only 200 calories for the whole thing.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Panko-encrusted oven-fried cod and a honeycrisp apple.
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a baked potato (little bit of cheese and sour cream...yummmm) and a salad!!! :)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a couple small baked Yukon Gold potatoes that I'm going to mash up a bit and add a tiny amount of very sharp cheddar (a little goes a long way)--my healthier version of cheesy mashed potatoes. I also have some Old Wisconsin Turkey Snack pieces--good protein and flavor, but lower fat. My dessert will be some homemade, no sugar added applesauce. Nom!!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm having some chicken noodle soup from Wegmans. It's actually delicious and only 200 calories for the whole thing.

I'm eating over 3 times the calories in the form of a delicious salad with turkey, lots of toppings and tons of ranch dressing. Don't mess with my ranch!
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fajita (leftovers from dinner last night).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    What sounds good? A green curry or a big salad with strips of beef and Thai spices. I have been craving Thai food!

But what I'm actually having is this:

"salad" made of frozen peas, chopped boiled egg, diced onion, olive oil mayo, spicy mustard, bit of diced mozzarella & black pepper.
    reduced fat wheat thin crackers
    baby carrots
    sugar free orange gelatin with mandarin oranges, shredded coconut & a few walnut pieces
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad. Rotisserie chicken, spinach, cucumber and calorie wise balsamic dressing. Oh, and some grapes!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my daughter out for lunch before she leaves for her out of town swim meet and she wants Jimmy John's YES!!!!!! so I will be working a delicious sandwich into my day today.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Leftover pork tenderloin and rutabaga and broccoli, my husband is sick and someone needs to eat it up. :)
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Leftover pork tenderloin and rutabaga and broccoli, my husband is sick and someone needs to eat it up. :)

Better take beano too LOL
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, I had Thai green curry last night and it was delicious.

For lunch, I am having Sausage and Tomatoes over Polenta:
    http://willowbirdbaking.com/2013/09/19/quick-weeknight-dinners-hot-sausage-tomatoes-fried-polenta/

Super good.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's tuna, hard boiled eggs, and cottage cheese for me! With flax on top, of course.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Because I'm always in such a hurry in the mornings, I usually cook up a big pot of something on Sundays and parse it out over the week. This week it was Quinoa & Black Bean Chili. Though today I'm having leftover dijon/thyme crusted pork tenderloin (from last night's dinner) with a lentil salad and brown rice.

Next week's lunches will probably be from the big pot of minestrone I plan to cook up this weekend.