Hey Parents!

Options
Dawn810511
Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
For the moms and dads out there: When you exercise (if your children are with you) do they want to exercise with you? I have an 8 year old and I have a 2 1/2 year old. My 8 yr old will do the exercises really good. My 2 1/2 year old, lol, he's another story. I was doing ab workout the other day, he came in the living room, laid on the floor and started lifting his hips like I was. LOL. Other times, he would just lay there and stare at me like I was crazy or something.

Replies

• boulevardMto180
    Options
    My daughter is 4 years old and yes she tries to do EVERYTHING I do when I exercise. She even puts on her Princess Tiana watch to match mine w/ my HRM. She gets in the way at times but I don't let it bother me. It's good that they want to be active at such a young age and we are setting a good example for them. It beats watching cartoons and playing video games all day. Just my little two cents.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My soon-to-be 3 year old loves "helping" me do Insanity. Granted, she usually only does a few of the warmups and modifies them to her own style, but she has a blast.
    She has also gotten into lifting weights with me. I give her the 2 lb weight and she grunts and strains just like Daddy does. So far her PRM at curls is 2 reps @ 2 lbs.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old likes to "workout" with me or if she sees me getting ready to use my elliptical she tries to steal it and use it before me. She will tell me to go use my bike instead. She is also my little motivator. If I'm running she will tell me keep going or faster. It's funny.