Thoughts on weighing in?

Options
What is everyone's thoughts on weighing in? Do you weigh in everyday, once a week, once a month, ext. and why?

I've been weighing in everyday but I'm starting to think that not such a great idea.

Thanks for any replies.

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Weekly, same day, same time.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started to weigh in everyday in the morning before food/exercise. Its easier to see trends that way.
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Everyday is too stressful. Same day, same time, once a week.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on rest days, in the morning. I lift throughout the week, and I typically gain 2 lbs by friday. But by sunday im down 3 or even 4. I think picking two consecutive days out of the week is the way to go.
  • robnkellysmurf
    Options
    Every other day. You can see results and not get discouraged when you only see minimal loss.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Once a month. Measure your short tem success in the doingrather than inaccurate measuring and you'll feel better and find more success.
  • armando8789
    Options
    weigh in every two weeks...weighing every day might be disappointing ,you don't see results that quick and if you do it every two weeks you will see the difference and get motivated. best of luck
  • LADYJDOWD
    LADYJDOWD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    once a week, but sometimes, I may take a quick peek. I made myself stopping doing this everyday
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    I weigh daily, but probably shouldn't because I'm trying to lose slowly this time. It drives me nuts to see the same number on the scale for an entire week.

I think once a week is enough. Some people are fine weighing daily.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every morning. I have the Withings Smart Body Analyzer, which wirelessly uploads my weight and other data into charts/graphs.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every morning, but my "official" weigh in is once a week. Same day, same time, same configuration.
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I plan specific days in a month, so they are not close to my monthly cycle, but always in the AM before/After my workout and I go with the lowest weight.

I weighed yesterday and won't weigh again until 1/29
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday @ the same time. log weight once a week.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself before and after workouts just to monitor if I lost too much weight. For my MFP weight I do that once a month for me it's a better reading then daily or weekly.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I started to weigh in everyday in the morning before food/exercise. Its easier to see trends that way.

Me too.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Although you really really really shouldn't... I weigh in daily first thing in the morning before my shower. It's like a drug. I can't help it. However, I only log a loss once i've seen it for a couple days in a row to make sure I'm not logging daily ups/downs.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. After months and months of not being able to get below a certain weight, seeing those lower numbers helps motivate me, and I make it into a game - can I get a measurement of 1/2 pound less in the next 3 days? Crack into the next 10 lb range by the middle of next week? I know it's not going to necessarily be a "true" reflection of my weight, but it's a fun little mini goal to keep me going.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh in monthly or thereabouts but then I am happy just plodding along and do not have a specific lose X by Y goal. If I had a bathroom scale I might step on it daily just to see but I would still only weigh in once a month it would however be on the same day at the time time as opposed to sometime vaguely near the same date at whenever I am close to Boots chemist .
  • SerenBunny
    Options
    Every day. I have a loooong way to go, and seeing it go down even .25 of a lb is worth it. If it goes up, I can think about what I had and try to work that out.

Everyone is different, there is no right or wrong. Do what feels natural to *you* xx
  • KarenBoehlke
    Options
    I weigh in everyday now only because it keeps me honest and less likely to cheat. I was weighing in only on Sundays, but then it was cheat, cheat , cheat, till around Thursday morning. Then hungry and miserable till weigh in again. It made for a very miserable weekend.

Now, at least if I forget to put something I ate in or don't log what I've eaten for days at least I'm pretty sure of how I'm doing food wise by watching my daily weight. Though I may not record my weight, I still get on the scale daily sometimes twice daily (morning and night). It's my morning before food and nude weight I record.