5'4"
female
44yo
medium to large frame...I'd say more large
apple shape

am in 14's now
original goal wt of 160, at 178 now.
BMI wants me near 145 or less...

any ideas or possibilities?? anyone with similar stats?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    No need to decide now, wait until you get down in the 150 area and see how you feel. If you feel "heavy" yet, you can continue until you feel right. The charts are an estimation and don't take bones and dense muscle into consideration. Where ever you feel healthy is where you stop.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    One of the BMI calculators I saw said to wrap your thumb and middle finger around your wrist . . . if your fingers don't touch you are large framed, if they just touch your are medium, and it they overlap you are small framed. This was said to help assit where within your BMI you should target for.
    Im also 5'4", but pear shaped and I do have a very small frame. Prior to my weight gain I was comfortably in the mid 130's so my current goal is 140 pounds as Im a bit older now (sigh). I may change that up or down once I get down closer to my goal as I will base it on how I feel and look . . . so this is hard to answer and must be a personal choice . . . yes . . . not much of an "answer", ha ha.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I am 52, 5'7", started out at 181 and down to 138 (my goal is to stay around 140). Would have told you when I started that I was a large frame. My co-workers recently told me that while they never considered me to be overweight ( they were being nice), that they just thought I had a big frame; now that I have lost the weight, they say they realize that in fact I had a much smaller frame than they imagined. You do need to see how you feel once you reach the 150 and determine then whether or not losing more weight is actually right for you. The charts are guidelines, so wouldn't put it in concrete, but do believe you too will determine that reaching their recommendations is attainable once you get closer to it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    :drinker: take it one day at a time and lose weight until you feel comfortable with the results......i lowered my goal several times along the way until I got to a place that I liked :bigsmile: :bigsmile: the numbers don't mean as much as how you feel when you move and how you feel when look in the mirror or try on clothes.
This discussion has been closed.