Tracking Progress

Options
I borrowed this from a TV program I saw on Sunday ~ this morning I created a table (mine is 6 X 10 cells reflecting the approximately 60 lbs I have to lose). In the top left cell I inserted my current weight and each cell thereafter I inserted 1 lb. less, so the last cell reflects my goal weight. Rather than focus on losing gobs of weight quickly I'm focusing on one pound at a time for however long it takes. I must admit, I used a larger font in bold red for the 5 lb. increments.:bigsmile:

Replies

• arigateau
    Options
    I think that this is a great idea! Instead of large goals that take longer to achieve and therefore provide more opportunities for failure, little goals more often are much more manageable. Thank you for sharing your idea :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I borrowed this from a TV program I saw on Sunday ~ this morning I created a table (mine is 6 X 10 cells reflecting the approximately 60 lbs I have to lose). In the top left cell I inserted my current weight and each cell thereafter I inserted 1 lb. less, so the last cell reflects my goal weight. Rather than focus on losing gobs of weight quickly I'm focusing on one pound at a time for however long it takes. I must admit, I used a larger font in bold red for the 5 lb. increments.:bigsmile:

I love this idea! I may have to do this and post it right on the front of my fridge!! :) Thanks for sharing :)
  • OpheliaCrump
    OpheliaCrump Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well today I had the pleasure of crossing off my first pound! And some time in the next little while I'll be able to an X through the next one. Bravo to you for posting this on your fridge ~ I don't want anyone to see mine ~ at least not yet!

Carry on. We'll get there.