I'm new...need encouragement/ friends

Options
sgirl29
sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
Hello all. I'm new to this and I need a lot of encouragement. I've tried many diets and have had no long term success. I'm praying that MFP will help me finally reach my goal. I would like to get healthy and loose about 20 pounds. Please help with with advice/ encouragements. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ababygrace
    ababygrace Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome! I just added you.:bigsmile:
  • hdryman
    hdryman Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm also new to this site. It's a matter of putting your mind to it and making a commitment. I have also tried everything under the sun and I always quit for one reason or another. Perhaps we can do it together. Encourage each other daily, step by step. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hi, you'll find plenty of support and encouragment on mfp! Everyone is great :smile:
  • ManOnFire
    Options
    You can do this, you just gotta believe in yourself.
  • fletchbaby
    fletchbaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been doing this for 5 weeks now and so far lost 12 pounds, my friend is doing it with me its awsome to have the support and we both have lost weight! It's a great system it takes a bit of getting used to and you have to be creative i making your food healthy and satisfying. Welcome!!!:happy:
  • tlvillatorola
    tlvillatorola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The best advice is to be honest with yourself and log everything that you put in your mouth. If you bite it write it, exercise log it, time the minutes and log. Stay within the calorie range and fat range. Dont beat yourself up for the little mistakes that you make. We are all human and trial and error is acceptable in our lifes. I have lost a few pounds and I just started maybe a week ago. Hope that heips and take care of yourself.
  • 1HappyPers0n
    Options
    I am also new to this site :smile: .. I lost 22 pounds in 2 months, and gained them back :cry: Now I wanna look good again :smile:
  • ghostlystate1980
    Options
    welcome
  • sijohnson
    Options
    Just persevere, keep positive, the first 2 weeks will see a good loss, just remember 2 pounds a week is still really good and sensible.(its a bag of sugar!)
    You will soon learn that those foods you took for granted are massive in calories etc, wont take you long to get them sorted.
  • :flowerforyou: Great to have you here! This site is awesome. As long as you stick to it you can do it. Make it your daily goal to drink 64 ounces of water. Hint... If you drink a glass of warm water before you eat everytime you eat a meal it will give your brain the signal that your stomach is full and you will not eat as much... If you drink very cold water after you eat it will raise your metabolism. That and exercise and eating the right calories without overdoing it... You should be good. Stick with it. If you are drastically changing your diet it will take atleast 2 weeks of being very diligent about keeping track of what you eat and what exercise you do. It is amazing how physically writing down everything puts it into perspective. I am at 10.5 lbs since I started on here August 1 and 21 lbs since my birthday on June 21st!!! Most of all though you have to do this for you! If you do it for someone else it won't mean as much. Good luck!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just added you. Welcome! You're not alone and you can do this