Scrubbing floors?

Options
How would I track scrubbing floors? Would you guys count it? I am honestly on my hands and knees doing a major floor scrub down. Should I just forget about it and not count it?

Also, I am doing the C25K (I am on w3d2). I know it takes me 30 minutes to compete it (and I go 1.5 miles), but it is only giving me 150 calories (it says slow, walking a dog):huh: . I honestly feel like i am burning more calories than that. :tongue:

Thanks in advance for your input!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Honestly if it was me, I wouldnt count it

As far as your running, I have found this on a running site and found it to be accurate for me too

take your weight X .70 (70%) = your calories burned per mile regardless of speed

The only way to know for sure is to use a HRM
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    How would I track scrubbing floors? Would you guys count it? I am honestly on my hands and knees doing a major floor scrub down. Should I just forget about it and not count it?

Also, I am doing the C25K (I am on w3d2). I know it takes me 30 minutes to compete it (and I go 1.5 miles), but it is only giving me 150 calories (it says slow, walking a dog):huh: . I honestly feel like i am burning more calories than that. :tongue:

Thanks in advance for your input!
    I wouldn't. I'd consider it a freebie and just plain having a super nice feeling when you're done and great floor to look at. So often I see ppl asking how to log grocery shopping, getting the mail, doing laundry, vacuuming, etc.

I don't count things around the house, unless it's moving day, maybe...but I don't know that I'd even count that (but that simply ME personally). I count dedicated workout time for myself. Not to say you can't count mopping, it's just that then where does one draw the line on what to count and what not to count. My mailbox is a block away but I sure am not going to count that as excercise. It IS excercise but it's an everyday type excercise, like walking around at work etc.

The best way to check out an accurate count on cals is using an HRM for C25K, sometimes it feels like we're burning more than we are and we find out, we are, sometimes we find out we're not. It's definitely something to consider investing in so you can get a far more accurate count on all your workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • jazhmiyne
    jazhmiyne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is what I found online:

On Hands and Knees, Scrubbing Bathroom, Bathtub

258 calories per hour

Assuming a body weight of: 150 lbs

I hope this helps.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I WOULDNT COUNT MY HOUSE WORK I GOT UP EARLY TODAY AND CLEANED THE ENTIRE HOUSE I DONT COUNT NORMAL ACTIVITIES!!
  • lizmumma98
    lizmumma98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input!!! Totally makes sense! I guess I was just hoping to use those calories for the fried mushrooms I ate earlier (which are a special treat, not something I eat all the time).

As far as the HRM, I have no clue on how to start looking for one. Could you recommend one please. I am totally clueless!!!

Again, thanks for your inputs!!!!
  • lizmumma98
    lizmumma98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! add another 50 pounds to that! Wow, the calories I could count ( IF I was counting them). Thanks for doing that research!

Everyone is so helpful! Thanks for ALL your help, AND encouragement!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input!!! Totally makes sense! I guess I was just hoping to use those calories for the fried mushrooms I ate earlier (which are a special treat, not something I eat all the time).

As far as the HRM, I have no clue on how to start looking for one. Could you recommend one please. I am totally clueless!!!

Again, thanks for your inputs!!!!
    Polar FT7 is a popular one. Looking up HRM in the search box on here will bring you up how much Polar's are loved and other brands others have shared work for them as well. :)

Have fun reading up on them, I loved learning more about them, also you can check online and read more about what they do so you have a better understand of which one might suit you best. :)

Becca