Heart Monitor Fitness Watch

Options
Does anyone have a heart rate monitor watch and do you like it? I was thinking of getting a Polar ft7 or ft40..I want to know how much I burn when I lift or do other strength training circuits/bodyweight exercises. I like that it tells you if your training is improving fitness or burning fat too. Thoughts?? :happy:

Replies

• MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I personally have the Polar FT7 and I love it!!! I use it during every workout and push myself to burn 500 cal in 60 min. I can moitor my progress and I love that its waterproof for when I do aqua classes!
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4, which is really basic, but I love it.
  • alpacino9
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and love it. I learned that the watches that come with the monitor that wraps around your chest, is the most accurate. The ones that just use your write for heart rate have to be really tight to function.
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have the Wahoo Blue HR, it links with myfitnesspal so updates your exercise and calories burned on here too! No watch though, but it links with your phone so displays all your stats on there instead! I love it to pieces and makes working out more fun.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and really like it!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've had the FT40 for over a year. It is my favorite thing ever.
  • josywosy
    josywosy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I love it. Loads of features and it's not at all bulky or heavy.
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use the Basis, monitors heart rate, calories, steps, sleep quality, sweat/body temp, sets daily goals, builds reports and so much more. check it out. Plus its live time on your wrist. Bluetooth to your smart phone or tablet. Works for me.

http://www.mybasis.com/
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    epulse2 is what I use.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I had a Polar FT4 that I LOVED! I acutally just sold it because my husband bought me a Garmin for Christmas. The Polar didn't track distance traveled but I loved it for calories burned.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love the polar FT4. I always use it and in my case MFP calories are 100-200 cals more than what I actually burn.
  • BethJJ12
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Clearly Polar is the way to go, which is great! I appreciate everyone's feedback:happy:
  • BethJJ12
    Options
    I love what the Basis can do, but do you think it is worth the cost?? I did some research on the Amiigo and that seems amazing! I think it is being released in April..
  • pixe_lynn
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 myself right now and I LOVE IT!! My next purchase is the Polar LOOP to wear to track my everyday activity!!

www.polarloop.com
  • coachrussd
    Options
    I noticed you are a runner. I might suggest a Garmin Forerunner 620 with heart rate monitor. It is pricy, but you will not need anything else. Tracks runs, running dynamics, calories, fitness zones, etc. I have one and love it.
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT 4, which is basic, but I love it.
  • Runnergirl239
    Runnergirl239 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner and the Ft40. I use the Polar at the Y and in the summer I run with the Garmin outside. I love them both.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I got a garmin forerunner 210 as a gift and love it. It makes running a lot more fun and the heart rate monitor is excellent. its the best piece of workout equipment that i own.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Get one! They make you want to work so much harder because you know how many calories you are burning. I use it during strength training and HIIT all the time with a chest strap.