Raw Vegans - This Is For You

Options
What inspired you to go raw? How did you make that transition? How long have you eaten raw? Are you 100% raw or 80-20, 50-50, etc?

Replies

• cactuswax
    cactuswax Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    hey there! i'm not raw most of the time, but tried it full-on for a while. all I have to say is, I believe growing up with a really unhealthy food lifestyle (think midwestern casseroles, fruit punch, frozen dinners, candy and soda) left me with a weakend digestive system. That made digesting raw foods a lot harder.. meaning backed up, bloating and a generally uncomfortable stomach a lot of the time.

I've built up my healthy gut after a few years of healthy, healthy eating but ease into it! It takes your tummy a bit of time to adjust to things like raw kale and broccoli. Or maybe that's everyone; just my experience :)
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hey there! i'm not raw most of the time, but tried it full-on for a while. all I have to say is, I believe growing up with a really unhealthy food lifestyle (think midwestern casseroles, fruit punch, frozen dinners, candy and soda) left me with a weakend digestive system. That made digesting raw foods a lot harder.. meaning backed up, bloating and a generally uncomfortable stomach a lot of the time.

I've built up my healthy gut after a few years of healthy, healthy eating but ease into it! It takes your tummy a bit of time to adjust to things like raw kale and broccoli. Or maybe that's everyone; just my experience :)

Thank you for the information! I am going to try to ease into it. Maybe just start with juicing once a day?