Is it possible to maintain weight without counting calories

Options
124»

Replies

• Amandainyaface
    Options
    Of course it is! What do you think everyone else is doing? It's not the entire world's population that's overweight, only those who don't eat balanced.
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's certainly possible to maintain without counting. That doesn't mean you have a free pass to go back to your old ways though - you'll just end up where you started. If you are mindful of the things you learnt on your journey about healthy eating/lifestyle and as long as you don't forget these (and step on the scales every couple of weeks or so to make sure you're on track), you'll be fine.
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm sick of counting calories and am wondering if it's possible to maintain my weight without doing it?

Yes, if you teach yourself good habits, what a reasonable portion size is, what to eat if you're hungry outside mealtime how to treat yourself without eating to many calories.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've maintained for over a year now and rarely count calories. Sometimes I use MFP because I find it fun but I have learned now how much I can eat, which is great, and hopefully I can continue this in the long term.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's not the counting that matter. It eating the right amount of calories in relation to how much you spend. Counting and loggingis just a help to make it eeasier to keep the balance between input and output.