Changes

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for the last year or so and kept giving up or reverting to old ways of binging on large amounts of food. I've been just about everywhere, binging to trying to make myself throw-up, being depressed to being excited about losing weight.. and I'm glad to say I think things are finally changing.

Back in June 2013 I went to the doctor and was a whopping 364 lbs.. the biggest I've ever been in my life. I was totally depressed and trying to eat healthy and exercise, but I didn't have the motivation or think I could do it.

In September I made a career change to an animal hospital. I was active for 12-hr days, on my feet constantly, moving and cleaning and taking care of animals. I was COMPLETELY exhausted, had no energy, and my knees and feet and legs ached all the time. I would come home stiff and hardly able to walk and my feet would be numb from being on them all day. I sweated constantly at work, was just miserable and really doubting what I was doing. But I knew being in an active job would help me, and that I needed to stick with it. I also started eating healthier foods and making small changes here and there, substituting unhealthy things for better choices and eating smaller portions. For a large part of this, I didn't count calories.. just ate small portions and kept working hard.

I've gone from 364 lbs to 313 now, and I've just recently in the past couple weeks started tracking calories seriously. For the first time yesterday I went to a chinese buffet and got a small plate of sushi, some crab meat, mushrooms, and shrimp (everything baked). Before that I would eat 3-4 plates stacked with 3 eggrolls, fried chicken meat, rice, noodles, fried dumplings, etc. I didn't even have a desire for it. I ate today at Jason's deli and did have some bread, but I didn't over eat 3 plates like I usually would.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this site. Even if you don't mean to be, you are an inspiration to someone else. Even if you just ask a question, someone else is reading the answers and finding their own way. Even if you just post a picture, you are showing it can be done.

I can't wait to see where 2014 takes all of us! I'm ready to lose some weight and gain everything else. Feel free to add me if you want to share encouragement :) Without this community none of this would have happened for me.

Replies

• Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You've made a fantastic start! The loss is great, but even better is the permanent change in habits. You got this! :flowerforyou:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the massive drop!!! Something tells me the coming year has some great things in store for you! :drinker: