ZUMBAAAA anyone???

Options
ok, so the infomerical interests me, a little skeptical, but so did p90x!! i also want to learn how to put some dance moves in my LIFE! lol.....my hubby loves to dane, but i just dont know how!!! it looks cool, fun, and i know dancing does burn cals!!!

is there anyone out there that has or is doing ZUMBA? how is it? do you like it? results please!!!!

Replies

• 66PollyAnna
    66PollyAnna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love zumba. You must try it either wizth a video, in a class, or just youtubing it. You'll find plenty to try.
  • Denise_Riot
    Options
    omg u will most definitely love zumba i've been doing it for 3 months and i've lost 21 lbs so far and u learn too shake what ur momma gave u lol....seriously it's a must try u will get hooked it's definitely my new addiction ;) so go for it and have fun good luck !!!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I saw that there is going to be a Zumba game for the Wii at the end of November.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 4 times a week now and will be increasing that to 5 times a week and doubling it up on Thursdays :bigsmile: . I love it to death and it really takes away my dancing itch since I clearly can't go out because I have 2 little ones. I would say try a class and take it a step at a time. The dvds do no justice to a real class. Trust me! Either way you choose I salute you for wanting to try it :drinker:
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    A ZUMBA GAME! YES! NINTENDO HEARD MY CRY! WHOOHOO!

On a side note...you will love zumba. It is so fun and even if you feel a little silly, hang in there. the hip rolling actions make my abs sore EVERY TIME! you can make it as extreme or easy as you need too!

Good Luck!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I'm a Zumba addict now! )) Have started 1,5 years ago. Now I'm a Zumba instructor! It is so much fun! It is like a party without a hang over next day! )))))
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I got the DVDs in July. I did two weeks of the introductory plan. It was fairly easy and I was never sore. Then I went on vacation and helped take care of my Mom (knee surgery) and was gone for fifteen days. Got right back to the basics when I got back and now I'm on my 2nd 10-day, lose a size plan.

My clothes are fitting better, I've lost 7 pounds and the biggest change I've seen is in (you won't believe it) my BRAS! I've had to hook them on the 1st hooks. That has NEVER happened to me before.

Some of the moves are fairly tricky, but after a lot of practice I'm doing fairly well. I have to say I'm hooked on it. I actually look forward to it!

Now my problem is learning to eat the calories I burn. That has been tough, but a good problem to have!
  • CindyKozacek
    Options
    Zumba is THE MOST FUN aerobic class going right now. It's all the rage! People iin my class wear heart-rate monitors that gives them an approx. calorie burn. Always above 600 calories for a 90 minute session. Way fun! Try it!
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    love, love, LOVE zumba!
    It is so much fun, I dropped a dress size and toned up just doing a couple of months worth of zumba classes. Now that I've started with MFP and seriously watching what I eat, I've dropped almost 3kgs in 3 weeks. I go to a local class, and have downloaded some of the music so I can prance around at home. I have two little boys, so my exercising opportunities outside of the home can be limited sometimes, which is where zumba is great.

good luck!
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! it is SO much fun----and my favorite part is i can make it as hard as i wanna, or ease up a little when i need to......and i'm thinking about finding out how to get certified so i could teach it!
    you will love it! :)
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I Love Zumba!!!! Its sooo much fun!!! Have a look on Youtube for some clips and check it out!! I do it at my gym and really look forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays!!

Its a little tricky at the start, but as my instructor says "if you cant do what i do, make it up and just have fun!", after every go it gets a bit easier!! So stick with it! Oh and its DEFINITELY a great workout!!!

It burns between 600 - 1000 per 60mins!!!!
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thought today was day 1 insanity? confused
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I just started about 2 week ago and I can see my arms and shoulder def getting better. I really enjoy it. It works.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i totally got sucked into the zumba infomercial as well now i want it but i also want turbo fire i might get both, it looks like fun and it seems as if people get good results on it
  • shimacrema
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBAAAAA....I would definetly try a class first.. the dvds does it no justice. Dont get me wrong. I just got the dvds are great but the class is off the hook.. You will love either one.

@vaughny I have Turbo Fire and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. But I love Chalene anything lol. I will tell you that since doing TF for 2.5 weeks I can now do Zumba nonstop. When I first went to zumba I was feeling like I was going to pass out. But now that I have been doing TF it is easier. Dont get me wrong I still sweat like crazy but I can keep up completely. I love Turbo Fire and it was worth every penny!

Shima
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Went to my first class last week, totally loved it! Great burn and it's fun fun fun! I didn't know they are bringing out a Zumba Wii game, I'm so excited. Give it a try, it's definitely worth it.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I tried and loved the Zumba DVD's as well, unfortunately I can't do them in my current apartment, they are best suited for a no carpet floor with a decent amount of space to move/dance around. I'd highly recommend them to anyone who has the right setup at home...and I'm sure they're even better if you take them in a class...they're probably even more fun. But honestly, even the DVD's were a lot of fun. It didn't feel like a workout, yet I was sweating a lot while doing it. I do miss it.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I tried it but it was really hard on the knees. I think it may have been the gym floor, but other than that I liked it.
  • luvz2bfitMOM
    Options
    used ot have a gym memebership but cant afford it anymore so i just use what i got....whih got me most of the results i have anyways......definitly WANT TF!!! they say it burns more als than INSANITY. looks fun too, yet tough! but ZUMBA looks awesome. i so want it. would love to class if i still had my gym memebership :( boooooo
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I tried it but it was really hard on the knees. I think it may have been the gym floor, but other than that I liked it.

If it's hard on your knees because of the twisting, consider getting a dance sneaker to help your foot slide better. typical running sneakers grip too much and torque your knee. a dance sneaker is smoother and allows your foot to pivot better :)

just a thought! :D