Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie deficit questions

I work out in the evenings and sometimes there just isn't enough time or energy to eat back my exercise calories. When this happens, I go to bed with a large calorie deficit for the day (700-1000). Should I eat extra the next day? Do I try to make a weekly goal instead of daily?

Replies

• K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    thank you for asking this question. im in the same boat accept i clean as a full time job about 4-5 hours a day then still come home and work out. im supposed too eat 2000 or i eat 1400 roughly then i work out into the negatives throughout the day no idea if i should legit be eating like a horse lol... because if i need to do that how the heck do you do it healthy? i would rather just go and eat like 3 double cheese burgers then try eat salad and fruit the rest of the day, seems like you have to eat non stop i over eat! like example today i ate 2082 calories but i burnt 2277:S
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Rolling calories over is fine, within reason. I mean I would not save up calories for days an then eat them all in one day. Your body still has to process it all and if the surplus is too large it will get stored.

Try to plan it out better and eat your calories during the day so you are not trying to eat it all after the workout.
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    I never eat my exercise calories back... I know a lot of people do and it works for them, but I personally just don't do it. I have my set # of calories (1600) and I never go over that ... but most days I burn around 800 calories, sometimes upwards of 1200-1500, but I don't eat them back. I eat pretty well, and don't feel hungry, so it is just what works for me!