Newbie. Started on Lite n Easy today. 1500 Cal.

Options
Hii!!
Thought i'd get into posting regularly on a forum to keep myself on track.. I think it's easy to give up when only you know that you're trying to lose weight.
I'm 23. And figured it's about time to get serious.
I'm a size 16, which luckily for me I can just pull off with my height of 6ft. But BMI says i'm obese.. (thanks!)
I weigh 85kg... and would love to get down to the low 70's.
I've previously weighed 68kg, thanks to tony ferguson.. but those shake diets are never good once they end.

I want to be fit and healthy, and i don't want to have to spend hours shopping for something cause my hips and butt are too big! I just want to love myself again, and I don't think i've been able to respect myself because i've been eating crap food.

And before anyone says, why don't you cook at home? I do, but I've started a new job in the last few months and i work quite late hours. So by the time i get home, all i can be bother doing is eating some yoghurt or ordering thai. So yay for the convenience of lite n easy!

Would love to hear from anyone else in a similar situation, or just trying to lose weight in general :)

Replies

• arigateau
    Options
    Hello! I'm also new to this site :) Although I'm not looking to drop a particularly big amount of weight and would rather concentrate on lowering my body fat %, I too feel you when you mention the whole clothes shopping thing! It's what happens when you're blesssed with a pear shape lol. As for being tired when coming home from work, I can completely understand. I'm very unmotivated when I come home and really just want to eat rubbish immediately. A tip I got from someone is to make meals in advance and freeze them or keep them in the fridge. Vegetable lasagne is great for that. I also make pasta in advance but it doesn't always taste quite the same as when it's freshly made! Another great one is soup. Butternut squash has a creamy, warm perfect-for-winter taste and can be popped into a microwave for a few minutes. I also sometimes drink a glass of '3 of your 5-a-day' smoothie to keep me going until the food is ready. You could also maybe try bringing a healthy snack with you to have at the end of your work before/during going home.

Hope this might have helped you a little :)
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for signing up. This app has helped me so much.

My first piece of advice is that this has to be a lifestyle change. It's not a "I'll just hit my goal weight and be done with it". Whatever you do to lose weight needs to be something you can continue with to maintain it. Otherwise you'll just gain it all back.

Second, what and how much you eat is 80% of weight loss. People tend to focus way too much on the exercise and not enough on what they eat.

I can understand the working late thing. I actually prepare all my food for the week on Sunday and have it packaged and ready to go for the week. I eat the same thing Monday through Friday because it makes budgeting easier and it's just really convenient for me to not have to think about "what am I going to eat today?" since I already know. (And I waste a lot less time trying to pick something.) I get my variety on the weekends when I still aim to stick to my calorie limit, but go for other foods I don't eat during the work week.

But if cooking really isn't for you then take a look at the places where you eat and figure out which meals are better (fewer calories, less sodium, etc...) and plan ahead what you are going to get. Planning your meals will go a long way to helping you lose weight.

Those prepared meals are often high in sodium. I don't know about you, but for me sodium makes me bloat like crazy if I go over my limit so be aware of that. And make sure you are getting plenty of fresh veggies.