Triathlon here I come, I'm ready!

Options
My story.
Weighed myself on January 24th, 2010 and weighed 280 lbs. My bodyfat was 46%. This scarred the heck out of me, my wife and my kids. On my birthday March 4th I was turning 55. The minute I saw those numbers on the scale I knew I was going to make a change.
The next day I started the Body for Life program and the Eating for Life nutrition plan. After 4 months I signed up to compete in the Vancouver Triathlon on September 6th. This helped keep me focused on training and eating right.
The outcome is that today my weight is 207 my bodyfat is 22%.
Even more exciting to me is that with the Triathlon next Monday I did a 20 km Bike ride and a 6 km run today. I completed this in 89 minutes. My target for the Triathlon was 95 minutes for the Bike and Run.
I am now confident that I can not only complete the Trathlon but also post a good time.

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing to accomplish something you never thought possible? Congratulations! We all have the power to do it, it's just some people have to hit their bottom to find out and make a change, and that bottom is so different for each of us.
  • GregCrowder
    GregCrowder Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today is Sunday September 12. Completed the Triathlon on Monday the 6th in 1 hour 58 minutes. Placed 201 out of 228. The weather was horrible cold and raining. Despite the weather was an amazing experience and I will compete again. Now I have a time on record I can create my own challenge with improved times. My next triathlon will be in Palm Springs March 6, 2011.
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations on both the incredible weight loss and completing the triathlon!! Amazing work! :flowerforyou:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the finishing the triathlon, losing weight and getting healthy, that's extremely inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a lot of change in one year!!!!!!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Congratulations - what a fantastic achievement. Well done on your loss and on changing your lifestyle!! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!