No More Excuses -- Week 43

2»

Replies

• smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Too embarassed to post after my annual local fair poutine, cheeseburer, french fry, wine and rye filled weekend. Gained 3.5 lbs. Down all but 1 as of today.
    Back at it. Joining a gym tonight and zumba class. Determined to lose the weight for good now that summer is over.
    NO MORE EXCUSES
    susan
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Was still a little sore yesterday from Tuesday's kickboxing... but I pushed and did an hour on the arc trainer and then went bowling for about 1 hr and 1/2. Thighs are def a little sore tonight but... ZUMBA tonight! Can't miss it!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Well tomorrow is a start to a new motivated me. I do have to say the last 2 weeks I have been eating whatever, whenever, and not excersing. I have been doing this cause I am starting a local BL group with $2200 in cash to pay out over the next 12 weeks. I wanted to gain back a few pounds so I could lose them easy (I know that is awefull). The group is sponcered by Sangsters and we got a bunch of vitamins, and supplements to use. So we all will be receiving..."Healthy Fats for Life" book, Winning at Weight Loss book, Natural Living magazine, 400Gram Whey Protein, Women's Choice Multi Vitamin, Slim & Slender Capsules, CLA Linoleic Acid Capsules and Mega Digestive Enzymes or Super Omega-3 Capsules (healthy fatty acids). So I am pumped. Going to start eating right, drinking my protein shake every day, and hitting the treadmill for 30 mins each day, and then on hopefully at least 4 days, will do a DVD. Not sure if I will go back and start up 30 day Shred, Level 2, or maybe start the boot camp DVD. Step Aerobics starts on Monday but I won't be able to start till middle of October since my son has swimming lessons on the days of aerobics.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Hi all...I am still hanging in this week, still have this terrible cold. I had to miss the first night of AWANA with my youngest so hopefully this will be gone by next Wednesday so we can get started. Hubby and I will be celebrating our 18th anniversary tomorrow so I'll probably cheat a little bit. Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • renaegry
    Well I am back at it. Already drank 64oz of water, and will prob drink another 32oz. Did 30 min on treadmill inclined at 2, going 3.5 and burned 323 cals. Taking all my supplements today. Going to go and make a small protein shake, see if I can come up with a small mixture that isn't to too many calories. Going to go take my measurements as well today. I was up 4.6 pounds with a starting weight of 163.6 for this new jouney. I tell you the money does have me motivated.

I think I am going to do 30 min on treadmill Mon - Sat, and then 3 days of strength training by going circuits of Jillians no more trouble zones.

I also started logging all food today again.
  • renaegry
    Just to let you guys know I have found a better site to use then this one. I have moved to sparklepeople.com. So I won't be tracking here anymore, but I will still be checking into our group daily (which has been quiet, everyone must be crazy busy).
  • tamelab
    Happy Sunday...Just got everything started for bootcamp tomorrow. We had to get weighed, measured and bp checked. We also did 1 minute of situps and pushups, timed wall squat and ran as many laps as we could in 2 minutes. This will be our baseline so we will know how much we have accomplished at the end of 10 weeks. All of the ladies are very nice. The class lasts 1-1/2 hours 4 days a week. The longest class I have done is a 20 minute DVD in the last ten years or so. At least it should be interesting. Hope you are all doing well.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    OK, send me those weight-ins by noon, and I will get the chart up to date. Sorry for missing last week.
  • justjack51
    Renae, what do you like better about Sparklepeople? The only other one I have looked at is livestrong, and I liked this one better.
  • tamelab
    Good morning...Just finished day 1 of boot camp. They weren't kidding!! I burned over 600 calories in 60 minutes. I am down a couple more pounds this week. Things are going well. I have been logging all my food and staying within cals. Hopefully the 4 days of exercise a week will show results, sooner rather than later would be good lol. Hope you all have a great day.

Jack...Sent you my weight. Thanks for doing the chart.
  • renaegry
    Renae, what do you like better about Sparklepeople? The only other one I have looked at is livestrong, and I liked this one better.

Sparklepeople has a lot of little motivation things built in, it offers alot of goals for you to track right off of your page, for example drinking 8 glasses of water, running 10 miles per week, doing 50 crunches daily etc. It offers meal plans, if you want to use them, it offers fitness plans, that you can use. U can use what is given or custom to your liking. It took a day to get used to but I abs love it. Other then tracking cals and fitness this site doesn't offer all that. The meal posting i am getting used to, had a lot of food built up in myfitness. This one starting from scratch, have to import food from other members lots, but very easy to do. You should check it out, it has a lot to offer.
  • renaegry

Sparklepeople has a lot of little motivation things built in, it offers alot of goals for you to track right off of your page, for example drinking 8 glasses of water, running 10 miles per week, doing 50 crunches daily etc. It offers meal plans, if you want to use them, it offers fitness plans, that you can use. U can use what is given or custom to your liking. It took a day to get used to but I abs love it. Other then tracking cals and fitness this site doesn't offer all that. The meal posting i am getting used to, had a lot of food built up in myfitness. This one starting from scratch, have to import food from other members lots, but very easy to do. You should check it out, it has a lot to offer.

It also has a great recipe site, an on site recipe calculator, portion calculator, and great articles to read.
  • justjack51

It also has a great recipe site, an on site recipe calculator, portion calculator, and great articles to read.

Now I remember, I have used their recipe calculator before, and then imported the final totals to a recipe I built over here.
This discussion has been closed.