Jillian Michaesls 30ds

Options
I am going to try it see if I get any results. Has anyone tried it before? I hate DVD workouts but being only 27min can't be that bad. :laugh: I will update my results every 10 days:smile: excuse typo

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice over the years, it's great for toning up.
    And although I felt like Jillian Michaels was personally trying to kill me on day one of each level, by the end of the week it was all much easier.

I'm trying killer buns and thighs now, sure I'll feel the same with that.
  • Kuly85
    Kuly85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    And although I felt like Jillian Michaels was personally trying to kill me on day one of each level, by the end of the week it was all much easier.

oh how I cannot wait to try I can just imagine.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    It's so quick though.
    Let me know how you get on?
    :)
  • Kuly85
    Options
    It's so quick though.
    Let me know how you get on?
    :)
    ok. I'm usually on here through my kindle. I have a question how do you document shred workout on mpg?
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    I wasn't using mfp at the time...but from other posts,I think its logged as circuit training...might be worth doing a search to check.
  • Emmyleww
    Emmyleww Posts: 278
    Options
    I've done it once and it's tough, but worth it. People I know that are fit still struggled at first. It's pretty intense which is why I think it's successful if you stick with it. I'm going to try it again as it's been many years since I've done it last.

As for logging it on MFP, it is under circuit training. Basically that's what it is.

Good luck! I think you'll enjoy it once you catch your breath:smile:
  • boobear7
    boobear7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have done it twice....amazing results for me....I would recommend it. The first time I did it for 30 days straight not rest days, the second time I did it 5 days a week and rested on Saturday and Sunday. It worked well for me both times but I felt better the 2nd time I did it. The rest days helped a lot.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Oddly enough, last week when I did the first day of Level 2 I posted on Facebook: "I'm pretty sure Jillian Michaels wants me dead."
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    im doing that currently today is day 4 and im LOVING it. i document is as circuit training, general or something
  • carrysa
    carrysa Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it as well. I'm doing level two and man is that a killer. It is tough I am not going to sugarcoat it but at the end of it you feel amazing and like you really accomplished something. trust me i curse at jillian michaels while im doing it lol. im like yes jillian you are a crazy B****. lol but i promise you if you stick with it and eat healthy NOT just low calories but actually healthy food you will get results!!!...just stick with it!
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, but didn't stay with it. Going to try it again, starting after work!
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am doing it with a group of friends on FB/MFP. it is TOUGH. and I imagine the more weight you have the harder it is. Sometimes I have to modfy the moves (i have over 100 lbs to lose), or if i just CANT do exactly what shes doing, i do SOMETHING...so that I am always moving. i know plenty of people who also take rest days..i.e do day 1..are so sore they skip a day then do day 2 , etc. you gotta make it work for you..I think just starting it and finishing it is such a feat in itself. its a pretty good quick workout though! :)

get some 5-8lb dumbells. youll need em!

edit: I started last wed. Weighed myself friday for the first time then weighed myself today. Ive lost 4 lbs. i need to measure though lol
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is going to be the longest 27 minutes of your life. Fact. You will hate her but after a few workouts you will see little improvements and it makes it actually kind of addictive. I have never done her 30DS programme in the actual 30 days but I use her workouts a couple of times a week and I can't believe what a big difference they have had on my fitness. If you really want a challenge after this try her 45 minutes banish fat boost metabolism workout. It's on youtube and I mean....it's about as close to death as you can come without actually dying!
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Jillian's "30 Day Shred", but I have been doing her "Ripped in 30" for 8 months. It's done me good thus far!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I completed it not too long ago. I got results, although I lost no weight because I added muscle mass (Which I had very little of before). I was happy with the results. It wasn't too awful bad either.
    I also did Ripped in 30 (Jillian) and It was my favorite. much more intense and better results.
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I have done it twice....amazing results for me....I would recommend it. The first time I did it for 30 days straight not rest days, the second time I did it 5 days a week and rested on Saturday and Sunday. It worked well for me both times but I felt better the 2nd time I did it. The rest days helped a lot.
    thanks =)
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I completed it not too long ago. I got results, although I lost no weight because I added muscle mass (Which I had very little of before). I was happy with the results. It wasn't too awful bad either.
    I also did Ripped in 30 (Jillian) and It was my favorite. much more intense and better results.
    awesome!
  • Kuly85
    Options
    That is going to be the longest 27 minutes of your life. Fact. You will hate her but after a few workouts you will see little improvements and it makes it actually kind of addictive. I have never done her 30DS programme in the actual 30 days but I use her workouts a couple of times a week and I can't believe what a big difference they have had on my fitness. If you really want a challenge after this try her 45 minutes banish fat boost metabolism workout. It's on youtube and I mean....it's about as close to death as you can come without actually dying!
    I have that DVD too awesome. I did level one today and it's heart pumping I can't believe how out of shape I am ugh mad I lost myself over the years. I couldn't do push ups so I do them against a wall. I need to practice my push ups I suck at that.
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I haven't tried Jillian's "30 Day Shred", but I have been doing her "Ripped in 30" for 8 months. It's done me good thus far!
    I should try ripped after 30ds I get on the treadmill too but I want to mix it up more now. I work at a hospital 12/16 hour shifts so home workouts all I can do.
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I am doing it with a group of friends on FB/MFP. it is TOUGH. and I imagine the more weight you have the harder it is. Sometimes I have to modfy the moves (i have over 100 lbs to lose), or if i just CANT do exactly what shes doing, i do SOMETHING...so that I am always moving. i know plenty of people who also take rest days..i.e do day 1..are so sore they skip a day then do day 2 , etc. you gotta make it work for you..I think just starting it and finishing it is such a feat in itself. its a pretty good quick workout though! :)

get some 5-8lb dumbells. youll need em!

edit: I started last wed. Weighed myself friday for the first time then weighed myself today. Ive lost 4 lbs. i need to measure though lol
    that's great hope to see your results when completed