mean comments on your appearance...

Options
harderpa
harderpa Posts: 153 Member
I was told that I am only good for looks. Guys like to use me to brag then that's all. New that I gained weight I have no use. Harsh!

Replies

• HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh I've gotten that on the internet, especially bodybuilding.com and Reddit forums so I don't use those sites.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Find different guys!!! Some guys think that is all women are good for....
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    im told i have arms like a man.... well hell YEAH!!!! thats what the gym is for... now shut up and arm wrestle me...............
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I was told that I am only good for looks. Guys like to use me to brag then that's all. New that I gained weight I have no use. Harsh!

Not realy? :huh:

These guys are dumb!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    These are not good guys to know, recommend dropping them like they are hot.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Then you are choosing the entirely wrong men. Nice guys may not always be the "beautiful people" (Yes some are) but they are the ones worthy of your time. I used to be young and beautiful and fit. I never bought a drink or paid to get into a club or party when I was younger. I was hit on by plenty of guys like you describe. I could tell at first glance that they weren't interested in me as a person but just my looks and my body. I turned them all down. I dated guys who were kind, sweet, loving, and funny. Most would never win a contest on their looks but they made the most of what they had. I married a handsome guy who treats me like a queen. We will celebrate our 21st anniversary this spring. Since we got married I've gained weight and so has he. We have a few more wrinkles and, after 2 kids, things are droopier than they were when I was 20. But he still looks at me like he did when I was young and hot. He still looks the same to me as he did back then too. Love isn't about physical beauty. Love is just as strong when the 6 pack turns into a keg, when the thick dark hair becomes thinner and grey. Love is how you make each other feel on the inside, not what you look like on the outside. Find someone who can describe you with at least 6 positive words (smart, funny, kind, compassionate, etc) that aren't based on how you look. And look for men you can also describe the same way.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to look & feel the best they can. Both for themselves & an SO. However, looks fade but personality doesn't. Maybe focussing on that is more important.

*I've also heard everything from I'm stunning - to I'm a bit of a dog over the years. Pffft if thats some ones opinion they are entitled to it, but I say eff em. Just my thoughts on it.
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Options
    These are not good guys to know, recommend dropping them like they are hot.

Yeah...drop it like it´s hooot...drop it like it´s hooot.....*singing*
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    "It's cool you lost weight but you have no boobs now. What a waste."

-__-
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Okay, since you ignored my other post lol.

Shouldn't be about what others think of you, but what you think of yourself.
    Don't let idiots kick you down. There will ALWAYS be someone there that's having a bad day that will try to push this on you.
    Do not let them.

Focus on you and your own son's happiness and screw the world.

And just want to add: Make yourself hot FOR YOU, not for anyone else. YOU!
    What matters here is YOU.
  • nikibean123
    nikibean123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    They're just jealous!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I was an ex-trophy girlfriend :ohwell:
    And the whole: "You're too flat - I like boobs."
    Well....thanks.
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Options
    Guys are so .... :grumble:

That´s why I am into girls most!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Then you are choosing the entirely wrong men. Nice guys may not always be the "beautiful people" (Yes some are) but they are the ones worthy of your time. I used to be young and beautiful and fit. I never bought a drink or paid to get into a club or party when I was younger. I was hit on by plenty of guys like you describe. I could tell at first glance that they weren't interested in me as a person but just my looks and my body. I turned them all down. I dated guys who were kind, sweet, loving, and funny. Most would never win a contest on their looks but they made the most of what they had. I married a handsome guy who treats me like a queen. We will celebrate our 21st anniversary this spring. Since we got married I've gained weight and so has he. We have a few more wrinkles and, after 2 kids, things are droopier than they were when I was 20. But he still looks at me like he did when I was young and hot. He still looks the same to me as he did back then too. Love isn't about physical beauty. Love is just as strong when the 6 pack turns into a keg, when the thick dark hair becomes thinner and grey. Love is how you make each other feel on the inside, not what you look like on the outside. Find someone who can describe you with at least 6 positive words (smart, funny, kind, compassionate, etc) that aren't based on how you look. And look for men you can also describe the same way.

<3

I am learning to get past looks. It is much harder to do in practice… but with meditation and hyper self focus, things like looks peel away, and I have begun to see people for who they are inside.. and that makes them beautiful. I believe it comes with age, too, God knows my priorities at 26 are much, much different than they were at 20.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    There is little substance to the type of people who are only into someone for looks. When a guy hits on me because he likes my looks, it means very little to me. I've been married for nearly 24 years to a guy who loves how I look, but that is certainly no where near the top of his consideration of why he loves me. Decent guys will tell you over and over again how important it is for a girl to have a sense of humor, a good personality, and just to be nice. The same goes for guys. Arm candy is only good for one thing - something pretty to look at for a little bit, then it gets boring. Kind of like picking a flower and putting it in a vase. You get something pretty to look at for a while, then it loses its value when the pretty goes away.
  • harderpa
    harderpa Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow. .. you guys are all awesome. N I could never lose my breast they have been the for years even when I modeled. I did dip those guys a while ago I just have an issue with doing things for looks for me. Anyways thanks guys. What are things peope say about you?

N I love the arm wrestle thing.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any as of yet..
    But I'm insecure either way.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Well, now it's time to prove them all wrong. And find better guys or friends.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Dafuq?
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Well, now it's time to prove them all wrong. And find better guys or friends.

Yup.