please help

Replies

• Kuly85
    Kuly85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    how does one get rid of blister?
    or how does on prevent getting blister

please help
    I use Vaseline to prevent and I had to get better shoes. I never knew after so many miles you got replace your shoes.
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i forgot a bout vaseline
    thanks
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I find sometimes blisters form because of your socks. Cotton socks are awful. I find I like the Hanes microfiber socks. They are ultra-thin, fit well on feet and in shoes, and wick moisture. I have yet to have any problems with blisters or other issues since I have been wearing them.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    + 1 on the socks, made all the difference for me.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was getting blisters on the soles of my feet from running. Wearing 2 pairs of socks solved it. I wear one really thin liner sock under a good pair of cushioned running socks. NO COTTON in either socks. The friction goes from your foot to the sock instead. Worked like a dream for me.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
    39.3 miles of walking.
    Blisters happen lol

If you already have one, don't pop it.
    Put moleskin over it.
    Once it does pop, clean it and put a bandaid on.

One of the ladies I met at the last walk swears by vaseline and Iniji toe socks (athletic toe socks).
    She said NO blisters.

So I bought my self a pair, haven't tried them yet since I wasn't doing a lot of walking but I am now (shoulder injury).
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    As far as preventing them, if you are wearing thin socks when you are working out, ditch those. If you can find (and afford) them, I'd suggest Feetures socks. I use them for running and they are amazing.