I need help!!!

Options
Hi , I'm stuck on one heck of a plateau!!! It seems that no mater what I do, it does not work!!! I have lost 30 lbs + so far, and for the past while (FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER) I have been hovering at about the same weight. I put on about 3 lbs at Christmas. but even before that I was at the same weight since forever. This past week I changed my settings to two lbs a week, so my calories dropped from 1750 to 1480. I bike 5-6 times a week and burn about 520cals per ride( I have a heart rate monitor that does the math!!) . My weight still wont budge, and believe me, I still have quite a bit to loose, I'm not one on those skinny guys who's trying to be uber skinny! I went from 260+ to 225...better but far from from great!! If anybody has advice on how to get off that plateau, please feel free to tell me!!!!

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you've been doing the same exercise with no variation for a while (so just biking 5-6x per week for the same amount of time at the same speed) your body has probably gotten used to it. Try adding some speed work into your biking or choose one of those days to go out for an extra long ride. Or try incorporating a new workout. You need to change things up physically every few weeks to keep your body guessing as your body is always trying to fight to maintain.

Try that first and see what happens!

Feel free to friend me! :)