was going strong...

Options
So I was going really strong...lost 14 pounds in 3 months! But then last weekend I had a concert (which I actually brought my own food too) and a huge Italian wedding to go too....I ate EVERYTHING and LOTS of it at the wedding. It was SO good! Today I get on the scale and it said I gained back 4 pounds. Now I think a lot of that has to do with less water consumed over the weekend...but it really upsets me. I have worked so hard, and stayed so strong...can one weekend really ruin it all for me? Also the concert I went to was outside, and so now, of course, my allergies have kicked in and I feel like poop :(
Last night I did arm work outs with my new 5lb hand weights for the first time. It was great. I wanted to do them again tonight and walk some miles, but not feeling well at all :( I am going to bed...I am just feeling really discouraged and am hating being like this. Tomorrow I will have my normal peanut butter sandwich and 1 cup 2% milk for breakfast and some soup from a can for lunch....probably the best I can do, with what I have to work with and how I am feeling. I really want to work out, but I don't think I can do it without coughing and not giving it my all.
I am sorry for the complaining, I just needed to vent a little. I know we all go through this...but this is my first MAJOR set back...and I really want to snap out of it soon...I know part of it is from being sick...and I also know that another part of it is me wanting to just sit and not caring at this point...but that 4lb gain is making me really sad and makes me also not want to get up and workout....it's just depressing...
ok enough said...going to bed...tomorrow is a new day, right? I can do this...hopefully...I just want to look cute in my sweaters in a few weeks when it starts to get chilly...:(

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    first of all, don't beat yourself up. we all have setbacks...some more than others. but tomorrow you will wake up with a refreshed attitude and vow to stick to what you have been doin before....no problem. just because we're dieting and living healthier doesn't mean we have to quit living....so you ate a lot....who cares! life is short.....just don't do it everyday like i used to! LOL
    Better day tomorrow i promise! :)
    Chin up!
  • palbiniak
    palbiniak Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's just salt bloat and water retention. You can't gain four real pounds in a weekend because each pound = 3500 calories. I don't think you ate 14,000 calories extra over the weekend. So forget about the four pounds and spend the next few days going back on plan and drinking as much water as you can hold to flush out that salt. You'll be fine by next weigh in. Also, be careful with the scale -- it's a tool of torture. A lost pound can make you giddy, a gained one completely throw you off track and sabotage you. I know everyone recommends weighing once a week, and that's fine, but if you find the scale affects you too much, consider other ways of tracking: did you hit your calorie goal for the day? have you been tracking daily? how do you clothes fit? have your measurements gone down? etc.

Hope that helps!