hourglass figure

Options
2»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass. My bust is 35" and my waist is 26. My hips are 37 and I would love them to be less, but I would have to have a bone graft because that's all that's left. My cousin is envious of my figure, but she knows she has to eat less.

The shape is genetic, though. I beg to differ with the lift heavy people, but you can't do what isn't there to begin with. There's nothing wrong with different body types. I'm envious of dancer types, but I will never look like that. I like me however.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Im an hourglass pretty much no matter what. When I'm heavier and when im at my smaller weight. Even now I have 70lbs to drop but I'm still 48" (I have MASSIVE boobs) / 35"/ 45". When I'm around my goal my measurements are aroundish 45"/28"-30"/42-45". With squatting and weights and stuff my waist/hips/bum could be a couple of inches either way. But they don't change my shape they just optimize it, flatter tummy, rounder bum etc.

But yeah, I'm a good 15" difference between my middle and my top/bottom even when overweight so I'm a pretty extreme full on hourglass.

Strictly genetics.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, I'm more like a rectangle. Genetics, oh well
  • MsHarryWinston
    edited November 2014
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Lucky you, I'm more like a rectangle. Genetics, oh well

Who me? Yeah I got a sexy bod, lol but buying clothes is torture. Like, sobbing in a ball in the change room crap even when I'm at my smaller size because designers don't seem to believe body's like mine exist. So it's hard to buy clothes that fit right. If it fits my waist it doesn't fit my boobs. If it fits my boobs it's a tent on my body. And my favorite jeans actually come from Brazil because the jeans are cut for the slimmer legs bigger bum proportions.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cpsides wrote: »
    Genetics, yes. However, you can say "EFF GENETICS" if you lift heavy weight at low reps--especially squats--and work on building muscle/losing fat. When you are at a low body fat percetnage, where you store fat nautrally doesn't play as much of a role. You also want to work abs, with the exception of obliques, if you really want to wittle your waist down to be a much wider gap in the waist to hip ratio.
    So, build your booty with squats, sumo squats, leg presses, etc. then work your core with the exception of obliques and drop your body percentage. Weightlifting allows you to shape your body the way you want. It IS possible!

There's so much more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

I've never heard this not working your obliques to get a smaller waist. I'm skeptical.
  • MsHarryWinston
    Options
    Ok so squats and that may give you a bigger bottom but that just makes you more pear shaped unless OP is already very top heavy. How would you also get bigger boobs to even it out? Remember, hourglass is a 10"+ difference on top AND bottom.