Why am I getting flabbier?

Options
I'm staying within my calories and eating about half of my exercise calories back, working out and trying to stay moving all day around the house. I'm losing weight fairly quickly but why am I getting flabbier? My stomach roll is squishier and looser.

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight quickly, that could be the answer. When you have a lot to lose, and you lose it fast, you're bound to have loose skin. Up your calories to lose weight slower, and incorporate a strength training routine if you haven't already.
  • 3rdweimey
    Options
    I wouldn't up your calories... you are doing just fine. Your skin will tighten up at its own pace. Just don't think of it as "Flab" because its not. The flab is missing, so your skin is hanging a little loose. YOUR DOING GREAT
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your adipose tissue (fat stores) cells are shrinking. Shrinkage is good but it means they are not pushing against each other and hence a bit "looser". I have the same thing going on under my chin. It used to be double, now it looks like something you might see on a chicken.
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't up your calories... you are doing just fine. Your skin will tighten up at its own pace. Just don't think of it as "Flab" because its not. The flab is missing, so your skin is hanging a little loose. YOUR DOING GREAT

Thanks! I've tried upping my calories and I would just start to slowly gain. After being large and sedentary for so long, my metabolism has slowed down a great bit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have to assume you aren't lifting weights.....

Cardio??? Circuit training etc???

As well if you are larger your metabolism hasn't slowed it's probably a bit faster...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You have to do some strength training or weight lifting to maintain muscles, as well as eat enough protein, when losing weight, otherwise you lose muscle too and just stay flabby, pretty much.
  • christa0130
    Options
    I have to assume you aren't lifting weights.....

Cardio??? Circuit training etc???

As well if you are larger your metabolism hasn't slowed it's probably a bit faster...

I am doing both cardio and circuit training. Also, I just joined yesterday so hopefully will start doing more strength training other than just body weight exercises!
  • christa0130
    Options
    You have to do some strength training or weight lifting to maintain muscles, as well as eat enough protein, when losing weight, otherwise you lose muscle too and just stay flabby, pretty much.

I am drinking one to two protein shakes daily plus as much turkey and eggs as I can during the day.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am having the flabby issue, too. I just incorporated strength training into my weekly routine - I'm taking a class where we do free weights, ab workouts and squats/lunges/pushups/planking. I am firming up SLOWLY but I have a lot of chub... I think it will take time though.