Sandwich toaster recipes - Less Cheese!

Options
laurenpjokl
laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
I got a sandwich toaster for Christmas, and so far all I've made is baked bean toasties. I've looked online for more ideas, but all of them seem to involve a lot of cheese. I'm okay with a little bit added in, but I don't want it to form the main bulk of my lunch!

Does anyone have any healthy sandwich toaster recipes?

Replies

• RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I dont have one of those sandwich toasters- but I've made "grilled applesauce" sandwiches that taste like McDonald's apple pies- and I would think you could make these in your "toaster"- I use low cal wheat bread- scant amount of butter- unsweetened applesauce- cinnamon- yum! I've also seen but not tried- grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches- the PB2 might work for that? Honestly- I would think that anything that sounds good to you could be put between bread in the machine.... would love to know what you come up with and might have to look for a machine myself.... :happy:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My favourite is tuna melts.

You don't even need cheese to make these delicious (but even a little on the top helps and I usually add a boatload).
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I dont have one of those sandwich toasters- but I've made "grilled applesauce" sandwiches that taste like McDonald's apple pies-

Those sound amazing! Definitely worth buying some apple sauce for!