Mardi Gras and King Cake

Options
Anybody increase their exercise during Mardi Gras so they can have some King Cake! I try to limit myself to just a piece or two a week, but I also try to exercise more so I dont feel so guilty! LOL
Anyone else have this problem or am I the only one from Louisiana!

Replies

• Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does anyone even know what Im talking about????
    Am I the only one in Louisiana???
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    baby Jesus cried when the baby started being considered a choking hazard.

Born and raised in Tensas Parish which makes me a Yankee raccoon keyster
  • Tweety1983
    Options
    I agree!!!!!!! Crazy! that was my 5 yr olds BD cake for today! :) The Babies now come hooked to a necklace or something! Its stupid!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston, but I love my King Cake. I'll be getting some in a couple of weeks when we hold our conference at work. We have some attendees from Louisiana that bring a couple of them.

Also, Bluebell makes a King Cake Ice Cream that I drool over every year.
  • Alicatt13
    Options
    I'm not from there but I do love king cake and I try to throw a good mardi gras party every year. I have the cake shipped in from Louisiana. Yum!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not from LA but my most of my family is from Mobile (the oldest mardi gras celebrating place in the US).

and the only thing i can say is dont chip a tooth on the baby jesus.

just log the cake and move on :wink:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

Also, Bluebell makes a King Cake Ice Cream that I drool over every year.

I hate you so good right now...
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm still upset the Saints lost but.........

No good King Cakes here in Houston. For some reason, everyone tries to put a "Mexican Bakery" spin on the whole thing. Personally glad since I am not eating them, ha!

However, I'd kill for a Meche's Donut right now!!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Louisiana girl here! I have to leave enough calories almost every day for some kind of evening treat, so I did that last Monday when I bought one for the family. My coworkers at the company I used to work at would take turns buying them (real deal, babies in the cake) and literally have one every single day during the season. Glad I'm not dealing with that this year Lol! And there's an amazing donut shop where I live that makes the best king cakes, and like many places sell them in different colors year round. I had one specially designed for my husband's birthday cake last May. Dang, now I want some ;P
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm still upset the Saints lost but.........

No good King Cakes here in Houston. For some reason, everyone tries to put a "Mexican Bakery" spin on the whole thing. Personally glad since I am not eating them, ha!

However, I'd kill for a Meche's Donut right now!!

Oh holy crap, THIS!!!
    Meche's king cake is food-gasm inducing!!!!!

It will be my first logging MG, but I plan to either make it fit or just go over. I'm sure all the street-side dancing & arm-waving will count as NEAT, anyhow.
    WHO DAT! No bandwagoning happening here.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Louisiana girl here! I have to leave enough calories almost every day for some kind of evening treat, so I did that last Monday when I bought one for the family. My coworkers at the company I used to work at would take turns buying them (real deal, babies in the cake) and literally have one every single day during the season. Glad I'm not dealing with that this year Lol! And there's an amazing donut shop where I live that makes the best king cakes, and like many places sell them in different colors year round. I had one specially designed for my husband's birthday cake last May. Dang, now I want some ;P

Would that be Mr. Ronnie's? Or somewhere else?? Give up the info, girl!! :happy:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Would that be Mr. Ronnie's? Or somewhere else?? Give up the info, girl!! :happy:
    Oh yeah, you are correct!! :happy:
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Oh yeah, you are correct!! :happy:

Presque isle checking in! Lol
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Now I want king cake.......and you might as well throw in some boudin and evangeline maid bread!!
  • Tweety1983
    Options
    Glad to know Im not the only one! It is my favorite season!!!!! LOL
    Gabbinos is my favorite place to get one! :)
    And Blue Bell Ice Cream (king cake flavored) is ok but not the same!!!!!! :)
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    RIP Hubig Pies
  • seauxphat
    Options
    Did someone say King Cake?! Aw man it's been years since I've had any. Smart of you to do extra workout so you can have your cake and eat it too! Laissez les bon temps rouler!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Did someone say King Cake?! Aw man it's been years since I've had any. Smart of you to do extra workout so you can have your cake and eat it too! Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Yep! Win win!!!
  • cecebrite
    cecebrite Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know what yall talking about! I'm from Louisana too! I have not had any king cake yet this year thanks to my newfound will power! It's so hard to resist but I've been good so far.
    (Mouth is watering now...need...king...cake...!)
  • cecebrite
    cecebrite Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    RIP Hubig Pies

Favorites were banana and coconut :'(