accurate calories burned

Options
I see posts that say, MFP over estimates, ellipticals over estimate, HRM over or under estimates.
Just HOW am I supposed to get an accurate account of calories burned?

I have been using what my Pro-Form 390 E elliptical says.
I try to NOT eat back my exercise calories. So I know as long as I stay under, I'm good.

BUT, what does a good calorie accounting? Is there anything that is not over $150 that would work?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It is all estimates. And if you cut back on what you eat, your body will adapt to acheive balance. Your body is not an accounting ledger with debits and credits. It is a complex system with inputs, outputs, hormones, minerals, chemicals, toxins, infection, imflamation, etc.

Feed your body like you would if you had a rental car that you had to prepay for the fuel. Have enough good quality fuel to get you to your destination but not so much that there is a lot of fuel left over. Just like you can't use the fuel monitor on a car to know exactly how many ounces of gasoline you have, calories noted on food labels and calorie burn from machines and HRM are merely guidance to assist you in having a reasonable balance.